King Lear Productions : Reviews (1 Viewer)

elven_princess

i went and saw it with my class as well, i thought it was acted out pretty well, but since my friends saw it twice, she said it were done by 2 different groups of actors, the first one she saw, was totally different to the one my class saw.
The one that we saw, was more of an oriental style, they used robes that looked like kimonos, with 2 different sides, so they can change easily into different character.
The girl who played The Fool, Cordelia and Oswald, she did it so well. and most of the other actors did their job well too, but i reckoned Gloucester and Albany were quite not emotional, u cant feel his emotions and feeling at all >.>......
but other than that, i think it was pretty good.

Toad exists

HSC
N/A
Actually I only joined today. But since you invited me to say something, I have seen three productions of the bondi group.
Depending on what review one reads a quote by Stoppard's Rosencrantz "Life in a box is better than no life"... comes to mind. The ensemble tries very hard to make their performance relevant and accessible. By and large they do well and we should not be so picky. It is not easy to do Lear year in year out and come up with different presentations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)