• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

king lear productions (1 Viewer)

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
king lear shit house faced front bottom shit licking poo watching eating poof girl head cheese chested black head headed sharp nails long extrovert facial hair mother extrapolate penis hairdoo vaggina feet armpit scizzors slut face monkey john whore faced penis jumper bad voodoo sex with boys semi flaccid glute watching refrigerator

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
shutup malanga

oh and BTW the Genesian wasn't oriental, that was just their way of showing class divisions. The oriental costumes werent meant to convey an oriental theme

madamoshalot

Hey, that's sweet! Sorry if I seemed a little pushy! I dont suppose you have a sample essay of King Lear , YEAR 12 or know where I could find one?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
hmm no we just sorta only started looking at the different readings in vlass so we haven't been given much but my sis is an English teacher and shes gunna get me sum stuff so if I get anything I'll let u know

`jennnay

bondi

I don't know if I went to the same Bondi production as everyone else, as mine definitely wasn't a feminist reading. It was on the 3rd of April.

But OMG. It seriously wasn't worth it. It was basically the play as it is, with a modern background (nightclubs blah blah) and heapsa unnecessary fashion statements.

And the actors kept giggling throughout and making strange eye contact with each other.. esp. Cordelia.. :mad1:

Well if the productions are still on, I seriously recommend that you don't go. It's just a neutral reading with unprof. actors..

:D :D

DC10

i just went to the genesian theatre production ... it was pretty good actually, especially the guy who played Edmund, played a great villain

it makes you understand the text much better by providing visualisations. But there's not really much different interpretations there... :rolleyes:

trinity

is neone going to the King Lear at Erskineville? :D i don't know much about it, i think we're going next week...

Roors

HSC
Oh my god please...if there is going to be one any time soon pleaseee gimme details!! I only heard bout the Genesian one after all the tickets were sold out! So please, preferably before week 4! if anyone hears anything at allll!!!

chip

HSC
Originally posted by trinity
is neone going to the King Lear at Erskineville? :D i don't know much about it, i think we're going next week...
can you fill us in on the details please.....

Has anyone got any good notes on the town hall one because i never got to see...... :( stupid booked out.......

*tasha*

For people that have already gone to see the production of King Lear said that it wasn't worth going to since they changed so much of it to suit the needs of the audience and keep them interested. That's the reason I'm doubting any of the performances can do any better.

But if people have heard otherwise I'd love to know cos I think it will help anyone studying King Lear.

OH and Marsenal, Manchester United are better anyday...

trinity

ummmm....i don't really know anything except its in Erskineville on Railway Road (near the station) but we're going on Monday so I can say more then... :D:D:D

ellipsis

HSC
Erskineville one....Its at the Pact Theatre. We only had to pay for our tickets last week, so if its a long season you might be able to get in. I don't know much though, the school organised it.

You could get in touch with them and ask:
Phone 9550 2744
Email pact@pact.net.au

Its meant to be a short production, they've cut out heaps of stuff - including the the whole character of the Fool. Hopefully then I can crap on about the choices they made and their reading on whats important in the play. :cool:

chip

HSC
thanks heaps guys i emailed them but in the meantime how much did it cost and are you going in skool time?

ellipsis

HSC
Yeah, in school time, this monday actually.
Tickets were $20, dunno if there was any group discount thingy.

chip

HSC
do you think it will only be on in school time or will there be sat and sun sessions?

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Another Lear production, excellent! Tell us if it's any good Trinity and ellipsis. Thanks!

Originally posted by *tasha*
OH and Marsenal, Manchester United are better anyday...
Yeh they are better at being annoying, at raising controversy, possibly at making money, and some other irrelevant stuff. Congrats to them on winning the Premier League. They got really lucky towards the end of the season, when Arsenal had all their injuries but at least we've backed up to beat Southampton 6-1! Now lets just hope we can carry that same form into the Cup Final. But anyway, this is an English forum, so lets get back to Lear, oh mad mad Lear...

chip

HSC
how was the king lear at erskinville guys?

lets get some critic action happening

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)