King Lear - Structure? (1 Viewer)

Kitty_182

HSC
I'm having alot of trouble with writing about the structure of King Lear, specifically the opening scene. I've noticed some questions ask about the construction, content and language, but I can't find much info on construction. I've looked at reoccuring imagery contributing to the structure...what else should I include?

Thanks so much for any help :)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
paragraph on the beginning
paragraph on different productions and their interpretations of the beginning

paragraph on the middle
paragraph on different productions and their interpretations of the middle

paragraph on the end
paragraph on different productions and their interpretations of the end

Ashlee4988

HSC
I agree, I dont think structure of the play would need to be the focus of your essay (therefore dont write about the play in its parts as suggested above qUNLESS the question directly asks about structure (no prev exam question i have read asks this, but hey theres a first for everything). I think its better to look at the text in its entirety than split it up into beginning, middle and end.

Porcia

HSC
moreover be sure to integrate ur responses both intra-paragraphs and between paragraphs... between paragraphs is just as important. when aiming for top bands dont use year 6 "moreover" "in addition" types - link paragraphs with good forceful thesis reiteration and dont make tenebrile links either

Tim035

HSC
I'm rebelling against the norm and have never done act I scene I in my essays. My two focus scenes are Act III scene IV and Act V scene IV.

I just think everything that can be said has been said about act I scene I, no doubt the markers are over reading the same old filial ingratitude, destruction of the divine rights of kings by Lear etc etc....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)