King Lear: WTF do i study for the HSC exam (1 Viewer)

sathdog

HSC
ay...just havin some trouble writin notes for king lear....wat the fuck do i include in my notes?? haha theres too much info i dunno wat to include besides a few readings n the productions that come wit em....

ane_st

HSC
Thats what im including in my notes!!!

Just practise and hand in some essays to your teacher to mark.

I know two readings (existentialist and marxist) and have my two productions to go with (Harlos Production and Peter Brooke)...

Check the resource page for some e.g. essays or go to the Board of Studies resource site with e.g. papers from 2001 and 2002

Oh and i think you should have your own intepretation of the play...

sathdog

HSC
i dunno hahhahha english paper 2 gunna be a shit stain

dressed2kill

HSC
Yeah sort of. A reading is something like the production being produced in a "existenialism" or an "absurdist" and the production is the production itself, who created it, when it was and the actors. I hope.

Stixon

HSC
You need to know the original text.
Specific scenes from that text (2 would be good).
Within those scenes you need to know how the language and forms contribute to the play as a whole (ie textual integrity)
And you need to know how (at least) two interpretations have done that scene. ie have they cut lines, what reading have they put on the scene and the play as a whole, its a film what kind of lighting and camara agles have been used etc etc. Obviously the interpretations will have been influenced by the composers context for example Eyre's version can be see as psycoanalytical with a focus on familial bonds due to the rise of divorce in 1993.

passion89

HSC
Ok, what the hell are we supposed to go on about when they ask for our own reading?

A couple of my teachers have said 'don't mention your other readings if they ask for your own, specifically!'
But then it's like why have we studied others' perspectives/interpretations of KL?

I'm so confused about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)