Kissing = the new hello? (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The next time a total stranger plants a kiss on your lips, don't panic. They're just saying hello

The latest shock trend in so-called polite circles is the full-on lip kiss.

IF YOU thought being air kissed by a complete stranger was bad enough, you ain't seen nothing yet. Lip-to-lip kissing is fast becoming the new air kiss. And it's not just your nearest and dearest puckering up. Even people who have forgotten your name — or only just met you — are planting one on the mouth.

"On the party scene, air-kissing — that horrible 'mwah, mwah' used by the kind of people who know your job title and dress size but forget your name — is out. Instead, there's a far worse social plague doing the rounds: being kissed on the mouth," the article read.

But it's not just the Brits who are being subjected to this new lip-smacking pandemic. It's happening here, too. From the bar to the boardroom colleagues, friends, complete strangers are moving in for a bit of lip action.
[...]

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I've never kissed sober... well like once or twice.

latvia

HSC
N/A
why is the article retarded IF it says what's happening?

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
2020:

The latest shock trend in so-called polite circles is full-on blow jobs

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
latvia said:
why is the article retarded IF it says what's happening?
Most articles in the print media commenting on social trends are usually bullshit from lazy, stupid journalists. Page filler, with no real basis.

I doubt this trend exists at all, and if it does, it's most likely within a very small social network. It certainly will never be observed by the majority of Australians.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i dont mind kissing as a greeting at all, if it's on the cheek, i'd have to be preeeeeeety close to somebody to kiss them on the lips in a non-sexual way (though have done it briefly with best friend when we were both drunk and accidentally did it when we simulateously went for cheek kisses)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I hate really close greetings tbh. Hugs or kisses are pretty stupid...

latvia

HSC
N/A
Graney said:
Most articles in the print media commenting on social trends are usually bullshit from lazy, stupid journalists. Page filler, with no real basis.

I doubt this trend exists at all, and if it does, it's most likely within a very small social network. It certainly will never be observed by the majority of Australians.
I agree that it probably isn't a common phenomenon!

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
Graney said:

:hammer:

Letters

Banned
HSC
Graney said:

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Graney said:

they're also designed to appeal to the desire of old ppl to be shocked at how terrible the younger ones are

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
bigboyjames said:
2020:

The latest shock trend in so-called polite circles is full-on blow jobs
...anyone else have the sudden urge to build a time machine reading this?

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
Hagaren said:
...anyone else have the sudden urge to build a time machine reading this?
yes.

let me help you with that.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
they're also designed to appeal to the desire of old ppl to be shocked at how terrible the younger ones are
'60 minutes' tonight:
Generation Debt
Thursday, October 2, 2008
(nine images)

Reporter: Peter Overton

Producers: Hugh Nailon and Kirsty Thomson

It's been a hell of a week. The global economy's in meltdown, the financial markets are in chaos and it's not over yet, not by a long shot.

Basically greed, dodgy loans and bad debt are to blame.

So you'd think we'd all be a bit cautious with our credit cards.

Some of us maybe, but not the kids they call Generation Y.

They're young, reckless and they've racked up an astonishing $60 billion dollars of debt.

New cars, new clothes, new toys, no problem.

Just whack it on the card. These kids have never known tough economic times, so they think they're invincible but now they're in for the shock of their lives.

etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)