KL Harlos Production (1 Viewer)

=candii=

HSC
does anyone know what the reading for the 2006 Harlos Production of King Lear (at Bondi Pavilion) is? the directors comments was that there is no specific reading to the entire play =S

Skryp

.The Master.
HSC
Nah I don't recommend using this as a production in your essays/HSC...it really doesn't challenge much of the original ideas...It will really just give you a good understanding of the story. However, If you were going to write on it, you could use it as like a production that follows a basic thought of the daughters being evil.

The reason I don't advise writing on it is because there wouldn't be as much to write about as other productions, just because they don't wear anything really challenging, not much unique happens to the set or the characters.

But if you can put together some good notes on it that you understand and are comfortable with, then go ahead and use it. It's all about comfort hey, as long as you fully understand what you are writing on, you will do well.

PhoenixFire

Photographer
HSC
the productions, doesn't have much textual integrity as it, uses a different theme to express the ideas..
in my perspective acting was horrible

=candii=

HSC
hey thanx guyz :) ....mm yeh its really hard to find really good info on it...so i might use brooks and eyre and use harlos kind of superficially to relate parts of it to the other productions for contrast....if i can fit it in the time limit that is...if not ill probably just leave it out altogether

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I agree with the viewpoint that its not worth using as part of your final essays in the HSC/trials, if only because you can't exactly rewind a live play, lol, however there is enough substance to analyse if you could get enough notes down on the night. This should be of some help if do decide to use it an essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)