know all the poems for skrzynecki? (1 Viewer)

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
Do you think its a good idea to know techniques for all the poems, as in would they say we had to one (specific) poem and we could pick the other, my teach said it hasn't happened before, but they could do it :S

akukei

HSC
We were told they can't specify poems, seeing as they can't specify act___ in Away or whatnot for the other texts.

Know them all just in case, so if they do something they weren't supposed to you can throw in a paragraph on the poem, but i'm fairly certain they wouldn't do that.

sherylbobbins

HSC
We got told to write about 2 poems and link the other poems into our discussion of those poems and our related texts. I figure at least that way we know at least something about the other texts but you don't have to know them extensively. I'll be royally screwed if they ask for anything other than Crossing The Red Sea and Feliks Skrzynecki though lol

iamemanuel

SUPER CALLA FRIGGIN AWSUM
HSC
No they wont ask for a specific poem because for i think it is imaginative jouneys the core text is a shakespeare and they would have to tell them to review a specific act/scene and that just wouldnt work...

so to answer quickly just pick two maybe three and get em nailed!!!!

xJennax

HSC
I just know 3 or 4 in detail because I doubt they would specifiy which poems to write about.

KeepHoldingOn

HSC
My teacher told me to learn them all, just encase
because you never know what they will ask you
they may ask you to describe how these two poems show a journey "Crossing The Red Sea" and "Feliks Skryznecki"
and refer to atleast one related text of your choosing.
shit i wish the question was that easy lol
anyway just make sure you know all the poems
and have 2 poems you know exceptionally well
xx

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Studying all PS's poems is the safest play if you have a very strong mental resistance against epilepsy.

My head teacher advises us to choose poems according to groups:
Crossing...-Immigrants at...-Migrant Hostel
Leaving home-A drive in the country
Feliks...-Postcard

We can all draw a few fundamental analogies from each group and by studying one group (obviously satisfying the minimum requirement of two poems) in depth, you are likely to have a coherent essay.

I'm doing the first one plus 'Whose life is it anyway' (compulsory) and 'The arrival'.

Sargeyness

HSC
I really don't think it is necessary to learn all the PS poems, I've got 3 of them covered very well and another just as backup in case the question suits it.

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
I'm pretty confident they wont specify. I think part if the marking criteria is that the student chooses an approriate poem to answer the question effectively..

I'd have an idea about all of them..but focus on 2 or 3 that share a common link with your ORT.

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Sargeyness said:
I really don't think it is necessary to learn all the PS poems, I've got 3 of them covered very well and another just as backup in case the question suits it.
Definitely is the smartest move.

rushi32

HSC
uhhh im only learning 3.
they cant specify what poems to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)