Komninos and supplementary material (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
hey all
im going to be class of '05 and i need some help for my first english assessment task.
the task is to find two texts (poems articles etc) that relate to ways of living and komninos' poems.
i am finding it extremely hard to get two texts that relate to ways of living.
can someone please help me
thanks.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Hey Justin...your related texts can be anything from books, TV shows, movies, songs, poems, articles or whatever...so you can widen your research a bit to cover all that type of stuff.

You're into rap and stuff right? If so, I'm sure there's heaps of rap and whatever about the state their lives are in.

Good luck...see ya in Chem ;)

catmeow

HSC
OMG Im having this exact problem also... ARGGGGGH HELP!!!!! And im not into rap so im worse off

MariaVas

HSC
Ahhh ive got the same problem! but i need the material by 2moro!!! i need helppp quikkk plzz?!!

MariaVas

HSC
b4 i start can any1 tell me how i can post new threads into the forum??? i cant figure it out.

i got a speech due next week n i need helpppp ppl -
students are to create a collage that reflects ways of living in contemporary society and use it as a stimulas to deliver a speech commenting on the poems set for study. Speech should be aprox 8-10 mins long. you must refer to the 7 poems set for study and how they reflect these concerns... help..

Pace_T

HSC
Go into the forum, where you can see all the threads and there's a button labelled "New Thread". It's located at the top and bottom of the list of threads in that forum.

That's a pretty shitty speech.. 8 - 10 minutes long is a long time. In the HSC exam I think you only need to refer to around two.

IIRC there are some komninos notes in the resource section, located here:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=5

rajeev

HSC
crap

hey... how weird is this.. mine isnt a speech that you read out, its like one you write and never say lol.. in other words you say good morning class ... thanks for listening.. thats like the main difference haha

im doing komninos poems.. the essay is this friday! crap!

well its not too bad.. i do standard and im topping my class without trying.. so i might try a little lol

well i try.. i like write the essay out like 20 freakin times or something but still lol

i was brainstorming extra materials
then i was like hey this all sounds like society and culture.. hmm... so i went to my society and culture heinneman text book and i saw this article about the 'tribes in sydney' of teenagers like yuppies etc.. so i decided to do that, cause its interesting and shows the stereotypes existing in society.. so yeah!

i hope it goes ok.. my teachers such a blonde she had no idea wats goin on.. air head, i ask her to mark an essay and all she does is like ticks it with her purple pen and draws little stars then writes good boy! i love it... then i get like 15/20 and im like how can i improve.. teachers no help!

how long are ur essays mine will be like 4 pgs tops.. i know its bad

wow i talk alot.. neho good luck with ur tests!

Pace_T

HSC
heh that assignment was ages ago
i got 20/20 for that one
it was piece of shit IMO
i try jack shit n i go well *sort of* lol
my teacher is the same. it takes her so long to mark a single practice essay lol...

Nullachick

HSC
N/A
hey i need help with finding a sup work! im looking around and i have searched my SOC text and i found this movie i watched in society call Yolngo boy reallly good movie i was thinking i could do that but i couldnt find this "tribes in sydney" text your talking about...
what texts did other use?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
theres some pretty good related material relating to komninos
get the lyrics for the son material girl-madonna and if u have time these holidayz definitely watch super size me by morgan spurlock.....these are pretty good related material

Nullachick

HSC
N/A
seriously i have no idea what to do for this exam your ment to look for the ways of living in komninos and another text
whats with that how am i going to turn that into a peace i need help someone please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)