• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Komninos Assignment (1 Viewer)

gt-15-ho

HSC
Hey people, okay well im doing an english assignment on Komninos at the moment im kind of stuck.

The assignment is: Your texts offer various representations of old attitudes and new perspectives in society. Compare these representations, reffering to your prescribed text and at least ONE other related text of your own choosing.

Now what im trying to look for is a couple of related texts that i can use for the assignment and what would be the best poems to use, any suggestions? Also if anyone has any other suggestions for this assignment please let me know.

Thanks in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Leon

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
LOL that's last years question for the HSC Standard English exam.
Our class has a smorghasboard of related texts given to us by the teacher.
They consisted mainly of feature articles and editorials regarding obesity, alcohol problems and consumerism.

We used one of the webpages at SCAMWatch (http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/), as one of our related texts linked to one of Komnino's poems, 'consumer rap'

gt-15-ho

HSC
Thanks for that mate, however the link didnt work. So do all year 12 standard english classes get an assignment that has a whole 3 lines of information or is it just my school getting it thanks to our new head teacher

anyone else got any suggestions of which poems would be best and of related texts? im going to have a look through that site and see how i go

Horst Burkhardt

Bastard Sys***** of Hell
HSC
Ah, in the best tradition of internet message boards, "google it".

Incidentally I'm having a very similar problem - except I've not started the Komninos work yet. Anyone want to pray for me? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)