Kookas take gold!! (1 Viewer)

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Anyone watch at 3.30 this morning the Australian Mens hockey team take gold for the first time in history????

>> Oh it was so so good << beat rivals Netherlands in extra time 2-1

Still cant believe we won.... OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE!!

:D

DISCO

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Didn't watch it but I'm very happy for them.

I love coming third on the medal tally! :D

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
argh how good are the olympics?? and the way Australia is killing the other HUGE nations. God were good!! :D

and loz, very disapointed. where is the nationalism in ya??? ;) geez

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Wow that's weird, I really didn't know it was on. I even went to bed at 3.

TCM channel is addictive.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
ok loz your forgiven, only cause you were oh so close to accidently watchin it...

I new it was on cause the Australian Captian (Brent Livermore) comes from my small little town. So the town was in hyper mode!! proud town on the loose....

Australias good but we shouldnt take all the pride what about Iraq and poor countries like that who came to the olympics not expected to win but who bet the aussiesroos in soccer IRAQ

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Sweetless_Angel said:
Australias good but we shouldnt take all the pride what about Iraq and poor countries like that who came to the olympics not expected to win but who bet the aussiesroos in soccer IRAQ
Er yeah, but we live in Australia. We're just supporting our team.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Australia of course... i do like to support countries like Iraq and Afganistan when they are playing, but they dont play hockey and it was Aust VS Holland this morning. thats what i am hyped about!!

I live here and i will support our teams all i can.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Sweetless_Angel said:
yeah we do live in Australia but we shouldnt just suport Australians.
When Australia plays England in the rugby who do u support
I can't believe I'm even refuting this. Would you like it to be spelt out in plain english?

WE SUPPORT THE AUSTRALIAN TEAM BECAUSE WE ARE AUSTRALIANS. All this thread is doing is celebrating an Aussie victory, don't ruin the moment.

When Australia plays england, I support Australia. I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Sweetless_Angel said:
u guys dont understand just because we are aussies doesnt really mean we have to support them
I understand that. I don't understand why you had to dampen the spirit and say it in a thread like this.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Sweetless_Angel said:
u guys dont understand just because we are aussies doesnt really mean we have to support them
but i choose to support them. No we dont HAVE to, but i do... like many many other people in this country. its all about chocie. i understand that

anyway i was on a high after watching them... but thanx sweetless (how approiate) for deflating my excitiment and bringing me back down to my small town Grafton...

I still think the ozzie hockey team is the BEST

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
alright opion taken. i can see that... and i never thought u sad our teams were great, you were actually downgrading them.

the reason i love the hockey team so much is that they all (the players) have to work full time jobs in order to keep their position in the Aust team. They recieve VERY little finanical support from any organisation...

Brent (the captian) works in Sydeny whilst the team lives in Perth most of the time. Because he has a job there with the Forshore Authority and doesnt want to rish lossing work by moving... compare that to swimming!!

but yes we do have it a little easier than other countries... and harder than some. Euopean countries

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)