KPMG Cadetship interview (1 Viewer)

Jeremykid

HSC
As the title states, i'm going to be having an interview with a partner and senior manager for a place as a cadet at KPMG. Im only worried about the interview :eek2:.

I was sent an email and it said that the interview would just revolve around my life and y education, uni, etc... I thought they would be asking more behavioural style questions.

Any tips/advice is welcomed. This won't only help me but others who also have an interview. Cause its pretty dam hard to find any information about the KPMG cadet program.

Thanks guys :biggrin:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
First of all congratulations for getting this far. Definitely not an easy achievement.

I would still anticipate the interview would be comprised of behavioural style questions, just more focused on your life and education, since most cadets don't really have any real world accounting experience to bring to the table yet.

I'm not particulary sure how KPMG conduct their interviews specificially, however as far as tips and recommendations go, I would strongly urge you to do your homework about the firm. You can expect the usual stock standard questions such as "Why do you want to work for KPMG?" and "Why have you chosen your speciailization?". Research, research, research. Why is KPMG different, what is its competitive advantage, what has it achieved in the last year or soassMany firms publish guides on their website on how to get through the application process, and although they are often basic, sometimes they are refreshing to read.

Personality and attitude play a large part in any cadetship. You need to demonstrate the fact that you are enthusiastic, motivated and driven, especially through your tone of voice and posture. In other words, maintain eye contact most of the time (don't let it get awkward), firm handshakes, and speak up. Don't be afraid to take a few seconds to think before answering any questions too. This did me a world of wonders in my interviews as it allowed me to refine what I was going to say.

Read over your application. Sometimes it can be difficult to remember what you wrote, especially after making applications to multiple firms which demand long winded answers to different questions. You can also count on the fact that the partner will have a copy of your application with him/her in the interview, and will be using it as the basis for several questions.

Good luck!

anthizzle

HSC
hey, congrats jeremykid on making to interview. i was reading the kpmg website, and part of the 'selection process' included verbal and reasoning tests etc.. did you have to do those before you got your interview?
you mentioned that it's pretty hard to find info on the program; there is a cadetship evening tomorrow where there will be kpmg representatives ..

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I would assume so.

KPMG definitely has the hardest aptitude tests out of the big four. :(

Jeremykid

HSC
Hey azure, thanks for the great tips!

And yea i had to complete an three tests. Verbal reasoning, and an aptitude and one of those tests which you have to figure out a puzzle. The aptitude i have to admit was the hardest. I may have to redo it again on monday :cry:.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Good luck, do let us know how you go!

I bombed out on the puzzle one, athough I think I did okay with the other two in my application for a vacationer role. :(

Becily

HSC
Jeremykid,

I'm in the same position as you - there really isn't enough info out there. I've got an interview next week.

Are you applying for a cadetship in Sydney or elsewhere?

Good luck!!

graduate11

HSC
Hi Everyone,
I know a friend who's gonna go to the kpmg interview stage on friday and he just wanted to know what kind of interview questions everyone is expecting/preparing for. Also what do people reckon is going to be the writing task?
And something that interests me is how many people do kpmg take as cadets and when do they notify you of when you get accepted?

Thx- i work at PWC so i was just wanting to help a good friend cos i'm not too sure how kpmg works. Hope you guys can get to me soon otherwise i won't be able to help my friend. Thx again!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

Thank very much for your comment. It help me to think about for my ideals.

We also find them more same at: KPMG interview questions

Tks again and pls keep posting.
Interesting article- they do seem rather generic and I don't think they're going to ask that many questions in such a monotonous way... but hey I didn't even get an interview at KPMG so I don't really know :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)