KPMG Vacation interview (1 Viewer)

RIZAL

HSC
go pricewaterhouse!

anyone joining me there this summer?

and congrats Jaseee i'm glad you got something in the end...you deserve it after all of those bloody interviews :)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Thanks! :). Congrats on your PwC offer! That's really good!

I've still got my final round KPMG interview to go. I'm hoping that goes well!

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
It's all about your marks. My friend with no extra-curricular and no work experience got a position in actuary for PwC and consulting for Deloitte in the asme summer.. she is not even final year... only 2nd year out of a 5 year degree.

Another friend got PwC economics ... which is pretty tough b/c there was only 1 position and a National Scholar at UniMelb (which pretty much means he was top 10 in VCE/HSC) who is apparently top of Eng/Law for 4th year was fighting for it. Again... my friend was only 2nd yr of 5 yr degree.

They tell you they want well-roudned people... but the moment someone slighty on the straight HD/H1 side pops out.. they don't care about any extracurricular.

But guess what.. they both including myself got rejected by KPMG b/c we weren't penultimate year. Only KPMG and EY are so strict with this penultimate year thing.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think if you have exceptional academics then you're also equally valuable to them- my sister got into PwC (cadetship back in '99) largely due to academics.

Btw you guys are talking about vac work right? Do you know when people usually apply for grad positions (FT)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)