Kpmg (1 Viewer)

ihgjuk

HSC
Ok, I couldnt see a thread on this.. How many of you guys applied for KPMG? I just got an SMS telling me to ring a 1800 number to arrange my interview.. who else got this? I havent rung it yet..

ugot2c

HSC
N/A
hey i got one too!!!!!.... have u called yet? do u know when the deadline is?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
The quicker you call, the better interview time you will get. No one really wants the 9am slots :p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL... true jasee.

And it was only a matter of time before a rival to Meads near 1000 post topic arrived.

ihgjuk

HSC
whos goin for a 2nd round interview??

mines on wednesday.. whens yours?

ihgjuk

HSC
MMA.. i did my first round on tuesday, was invited back on thursday.. seems to take 2 working days.. you should find out soon..

ihgjuk

HSC
hey pepperrock, They just rang and changed mine to friday.. dunno why, but I'll see you there!

I wouldnt be worried about the written assessment, They told us not to study so its probably just general communication crap, so if you speak english, it should be easy...
cya on friday, do you know where were supposed to meet?

theadland

HSC
Hi, I have a second KPMG interview tomorrow. I had a look and there are some useful resources on the net for the written examination...
Exciting stuff eh

toffee123

HSC
hi, had the interview 2day and it was a lot of fun. i love kpmg, they are so nice!

ihgjuk

HSC
ok, question on everyones mind.. what did they ask you in the 2nd interwiew!?!? and what was the written test???

toffee123

HSC
The written exercise was quite stressful for me, because of time and my intense nervousness lol. There's an example here:

http://www.careers.ed.ac.uk/STUDENT...tCentres/in-tray exercise/intray_exercise.htm

Obviously it wont be multiple choice, but the answers they provide give you an idea of what kind of responses they are looking for. It just tests how you collate and analyse information.

The interview was the best part. My partner was incredibly friendly and it was really relaxed. They ask you a few of those situational questions as in the first interview, but nothing wacky or technical. Its just a friendly chat.

Enjoy it, be yourself, and have fun :)

btw they have better food than pwc

toffee123

HSC
They had wraps. WRAPS. With coloured tortilla things. PwC's white bread sandwiches cannot beat that.

Has anyone got their contract yet? I got mine today and it came with a sexy pen and folder. $28k package sounds sweet.

simbim21

unswMed07
HSC
yup, me too. how awesome was the leather folder? and the business card...jeez! :) so you gonna accept? and what thingo did you apply for (Audit, IRM etc)? and are you gonna come to that thingo next monday?

toffee123

HSC
I got into Audit, Financial Services. I'm definitely going to accept the offer, I really love their atmosphere, everyone's just so friendly. Will be going on Monday, will i see you there? :)

simbim21

unswMed07
HSC
yup! shall see ya there. i hope they have those wraps again, far out they were pretty snazzy. though i gotta say the fruit was random.
you were there yesterday right? do you know anyone else who got through?

toffee123

HSC
no idea, i have a friend who went today but haven't heard from him yet. But I can bet on one guy at my table who probably got an offer.

=candii=

HSC
seremify007 said:
This isn't going to turn into a foccacia vs. sandwich debate is it?
kpmg had both lol PwC had yuM biscuits though *droolz*

i rekon ey beats them all though coz they had the works....yum breads + cakes

i agree the fruit was random haha

the red and green bread is lyk the ugliest thing ive ever seen....but they tasted really good :)

the food at all these cadetships things are really good...maybe ill attend them next year too :)

ihgjuk

HSC
ok, when did they let you know you got it? Im doing mine 2moz.. when can i expect to hear from them?

=candii=

HSC
ihgjuk said:
ok, when did they let you know you got it? Im doing mine 2moz.. when can i expect to hear from them?
umm i got called at like 2:30ish? we started lunch at 12. half of us left at like 12:30. the rest left after they finished eating i suppose.

goodluck 2morrow im sure youll do fineee...the interview is easy as...i didnt get any "situation" questions which was good lol

btw i think you were changed to friday coz i couldnt make it on friday n they contacted me on tuesday so i couldnt attend wednesdays one either :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)