kylie and holly (2 Viewers)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
well, in that my mother paid for it haha.
it was weird, i asked her to go pick me up a plain blackstrapless bra i had on hold under my name... she comes back and tells me that they instead gave her the love kylie set, which was also under my name for some reason. and in my size,too. but i don't remember ever even trying it on.
i thought that was what you meant. well, very cool.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
From what I've heard, Holly Vallance's popularity/career is crashing and/or burning.. Apparently 'her' latest album went from #57 to #80 in its first two weeks..

As for Kylie, she deserves some credit for managing to adapt herself to changing pop-music contexts, but I maintain that she is vastly overrated.

izi

HSC
i dont think that kylie is a natural singer, she has been learning how to sing (and she is still not there after so many years). her back up singers sound heaps better than her, she just sounds like a squeling mouse

as for holly, lets not even go there. well, noone has yet heard her voice due to enormous amount of distortion and various other effects on her songs. i wonder why.....

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Misturi
But being a singer is also having the ability to entertain, and l'm sure that these two do that.
Isn't being a singer also require the ability to sing? These two are performers,

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
If you read before that she asks don't singers have to sing and then l said but they also have to have the ability to entertain.

crazyhobo

If you read before that she asks don't singers have to sing and then l said but they also have to have the ability to entertain.
And you still called them singers. If you cannot sing, you are not a singer. If you entertain, you are a performer.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
But a singer is a performer.

I would rather have a singer who moved around, danced or did some other type of thing than see one which stands there, not moving at all.

Last edited:

crazyhobo

But a singer is a performer.

I would rather have a singer who moved around, danced or did some other type of thing that see one which stands there, not moving at all.
A singer is a performer. A performer is not a singer. Just like an apple is a fruit, but a fruit is not an apple.

And wouldn't we all? But it seems all the performers who move and dance around cannot sing for shit.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhobo
A singer is a performer. A performer is not a singer. Just like an apple is a fruit, but a fruit is not an apple.

And wouldn't we all? But it seems all the performers who move and dance around cannot sing for shit.

A performer is many things, in this case a singer.

Now a days no one can really sing, its all done by computers.

crazyhobo

A performer is many things, in this case a singer.

Now a days no one can really sing, its all done by computers.
So basically, a singer doesn't have to sing, as long as they are entertaining?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
No you aren't listening.

The person said before that singers have to sing to be singers and l said "but also they have to have the ability to entertain"

I am saying AS well as singing they need to entertain to be good singers.

dezzy

HSC
i agree with you misturi!!

they have to engage the audience!
and they do this by performing...(singing, dancing, entertaining)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)