• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

L plates to 100hrs (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon if people just did the 50 hours (for the P's) properly then they should be fine. I did 50 real hours and found the test piss easy and wasn't scared or anything... but it's the people who did 10 and fudged the rest who are shitting themselves in the test.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
codydhu said:
How is 100 hours easy to get?!?!

I had my L's for about 18 months and i only did about 15 (i made the rest up) and i passed (although i admit that i was fairly unconfident when i first started driving by myself, im a good driver now though)
I did 50 hours in 4 months.
Now i'm up to 7 months of holding my Ls, with 70 hours.
Manual too

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Pace_T said:
yea i reckon most p platers on the road now r probly really good drivers (coz they passed the test) its just that their behaviour is bad

Jiga

I did 50 hours in 4 months.
Now i'm up to 7 months of holding my Ls, with 70 hours.
Manual too
Whats your point? 10 hours per month.... it proves its not easy to get your hours up.... certainly cant to 100 hours in 6 months.

I think its true.... MOST P-platers have the skills to drive, you dont pass the p's test if your retarded. The problem realistically IMO lies in friends! Once your on your own theirs no mum or dad to watch out for you and often, well at least from my experience, you can get easily distracted and before you know it your not on the same course anymore. Or alternatively some people see the need to show off when their friends are either in the car or watching them from another car or whatever, and this obviously can lead to disaster.

If I was personally thinking of a way to reduce youth deaths on the road, I would start by making it so they cant have anyone in the car with them (obviously I wouldnt want this, but it would be the best way) on their reds at least.... this would be a better solution then the 100 hours bullshit.... this way people can still drive to meet their commitments like work they just cant have friends in the car. Theyd obviously have to make exceptions for family though. And some would say 'but they once they get their greens they will still get distracted' - but the difference is by then they will have enough driving experience by themselves to either maintain a steady course while distracted, not get distracted in the first place, and hopefully not try to impress friends because te novelty of driving alone has died off.

I would really like to see the stats on when p-plater crashes occur (fatal crashes that is)..... I guarrantee that they mainly occur at night due to the above factors I mentioned not because they are shit drivers.

SHIT> Does this mean i need to get my Ls, like NOW!?!
No, it means you should read the entire thread and actually realise that they aernt brining the 100 hours in before talking shit :rolleyes:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
As my driving instructor said- everyone who sits the P's test can drive; but how many of them can follow the rules for 15minutes?

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
No, it means you should read the entire thread and actually realise that they aernt brining the 100 hours in before talking shit :rolleyes:
Wtf is your problem? I asked a simple question that didnt in any way, talk shit. You dont need to be such a fucken asshole about it.

Jiga

Wtf is your problem? I asked a simple question that didnt in any way, talk shit. You dont need to be such a fucken asshole about it.
My problem is people like yourself not showing the common courtesy to read at least a couple of posts before your own and find out whats already been established. Like fuck, this isnt even a huge thread, 2 pages long, you couldnt take the time to read the first page and realise we know the 100 hours myth is bullshit? :rolleyes:

CieL

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Whats your point? 10 hours per month.... it proves its not easy to get your hours up.... certainly cant to 100 hours in 6 months.
LOLOL 10hrs per month is nothing..

I remember when I was only Ls I had this period where I was driving to school and back (50kms~1hr total) monday to friday, then to tutoring and back (48kms~1hr total) twice a wk... So yeah, 7hrs a wk, 28hrs a month... and this was for academic purposes only... inc the shopping, rarara I'd be possible for me to rack up 30hrs a month

Thank god I didnt have to pay for the petrol ahahhaha

Riviet

HSC
N/A
So for the people who got their L's before May, it's still 50 hours for them right?

HSC
N/A
What I think could actually reduce crashes etc is some kind of compulsary one-day course. I did one of these with AAMI, who in turn reduced car insurance fees. We did all this stuff like finding out how long it took for our cars to stop if we slammed on emergency breaks, agility courses (to prove that cars are bulkier to drive than we think they are), ways of avoiding the most common accidents.

We also found out what the biggest distractions for males and females are. For the latter, big red-and-white SALE signs are in the top three ;) lol!

Granted it's not going to get rid of all the idiots, but I'm sure it could help convince a few of them that they're not as invincible as they think they are.

Some_Guy

HSC
Whether 100 hrs is easy or not depends on how often you have a full licenced person willing to take you out driving.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Riviet said:
So for the people who got their L's before May, it's still 50 hours for them right?
Well nothing has changed as yet, so the laws are still the same, 50 hours and 6 months for all L plate drivers and be 17 to take the P's test. Had you worried there for a minute. ;)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Kid.@dmin said:
Well nothing has changed as yet, so the laws are still the same, 50 hours and 6 months for all L plate drivers and be 17 to take the P's test. Had you worried there for a minute. ;)
Ah I see, thanks for the reassurance mate. :)

s2caz

just smile.
HSC
ughhh~~ that is the stupidest thing ive heard;; although ive heard it before so i dont think its true.. especially if its not on RTA website so dont worry abt it;; ^-^ omg.. must do at least 20hrs and make the rest up~~ haha;; cant wait to get my Ps!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)