Labour market reforms (1 Viewer)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Ok, I'm going to study economics today(I studied for it in Stuvac)

I really don't know what to write if we got an essay on this...I have notes on the prices and incomes policy-adv/dis

Brief notes on active labour market programs...also when the accord was abandonded and the 3 tier system introduced

What could be a possible essay question and what would I include?

zedzed

HSC
it's unlikely that we'll get asked a question specifically on the labour reforms but if we did the question would be something like: evaluate the effects of recent labour reforms on the australian economy.

essay structure:
1. intro
2. explain microeconomic reform and its effects (increase AS without inflation, etc)
3. prices and incomes policy just BRIEFLY (explain how that started the decentralisation of the system)
4. workplace relations act 96 - outline it and EVALUATE the effects on the issues in topic 3
5. workchoices - same as above
6. conclusion

it's just like any other micro essay but instead of writing about different reforms you explain labour reforms in detail.

HSC
yeah labour market reforms are so confusing .. does anyone know the how many allowable amtter there are know?

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
Ok, I'm going to study economics today(I studied for it in Stuvac)

I really don't know what to write if we got an essay on this...I have notes on the prices and incomes policy-adv/dis

Brief notes on active labour market programs...also when the accord was abandonded and the 3 tier system introduced

What could be a possible essay question and what would I include?
Let's say:
Discuss how has labour market reform has been undertaken to improve international competitiveness.

1. Describe the history and associated problems
2. Howard's doings/Workplace Relations Act
3. Today's system- 3 tiers
4. Results
5. Advantages/disadvantages

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lilkiwicutie89 said:
yeah labour market reforms are so confusing .. does anyone know the how many allowable amtter there are know?
allowable matters were simplfied into 20 during the workplace relation Act 1996

in workchoice, the number of allowable matters have been reduced to 16 (taking out long service leave, parental leave, jury service and superannuation)

however, in both CA and AWA

only 5 allowable matters are absolute minimum (aka Fair pay standard)

anything else the employer can take out or replace with a slightly higher wage.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I have never been taught anything about allowable matters...I'm just using the leading edge textbook. Will that be enough?

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Allowable matters refer the 20 min. conidtions as part of the award. These include: rates of pay, overtimes and hours etc.

Make sure you understand the differences between the three as well as stuff like safety net.

aurel

HSC
Sparcod said:
Allowable matters refer the 20 min. conidtions as part of the award. These include: rates of pay, overtimes and hours etc.

Make sure you understand the differences between the three as well as stuff like safety net.

The difference between the three what? Do you mean awards, CA and AWA's? Is that what the three-tier system is?

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
I have never been taught anything about allowable matters...I'm just using the leading edge textbook. Will that be enough?

i wouldnt think u need to know so much about them
just wat they r
and how they r altered due to workchoice
would be enough

zedzed

HSC
yea im totally with mitsui.

you don't need to the know the legislation in detail. it's economics not legal studies. as an economist your marks will mostly come from your ability to evaluate the effects of that piece of legislation on the economy, not the content of the legislation itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)