Lacking motivation. What do you do? (1 Viewer)

jarrodoliver1

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm feeling kinda low right now, lacking some motivation to pick up the books and do some work. What do you do to stay motivated? Gaining motivation is half the work, and it's what i'm currently struggling to do. I'm not sure how i'll go when school goes back, hopefully HOPEFULLY pick up my game.

Thanks.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Why are you lacking motivation, does it seem too hard, procrastinating or not focused on any goals? It also could be the result of burning out. I believe motivation is driven by our goals or desires, If you really desire something badly, you will be inspired to take actions towards it. Be specific of the goal and determine how much time and work your going to need to put in, depending on its difficulty(time management and consistency). That's all I can offer, find out why your not motivated and discover how to overcome it.
i have no goals or desires and i don't even know what i want to become. what now? ._.

planino

HSC
Nice prelim ranks, might want to keep them up and obtain similar ranks by the time you're doing your HSC :)

jarrodoliver1

HSC
Nice prelim ranks, might want to keep them up and obtain similar ranks by the time you're doing your HSC :)
Thankyou. Even just that made me want to keep those ranks.

It may very well be that i have allocated a small period of time to study Software/IPT these holidays, and haven't really made use of it. The course is quite easy. Chem/maths for the next three weeks. Should be interesting.

jarrodoliver1

HSC
Why are you lacking motivation, does it seem too hard, procrastinating or not focused on any goals? It also could be the result of burning out. I believe motivation is driven by our goals or desires, If you really desire something badly, you will be inspired to take actions towards it. Be specific of the goal and determine how much time and work your going to need to put in, depending on its difficulty(time management and consistency). That's all I can offer, find out why your not motivated and discover how to overcome it.
Procrastinating Most frustrating thing ever. It may very well be that the subjects i've studied thus far these holidays have been too easy?

nightweaver066

HSC
Procrastinating Most frustrating thing ever. It may very well be that the subjects i've studied thus far these holidays have been too easy?
Prolonged procrastination led to a feeling of guilt that drove me through short bursts of intense study periods

If I were you, then I'd aim for a high ATAR which will open many pathways and from there I'd decide, but you'll eventually find something that you'll like soon
This is what I did that worked for me, but knowing what you're aiming for is better imo.

planino

HSC
Thankyou. Even just that made me want to keep those ranks.

It may very well be that i have allocated a small period of time to study Software/IPT these holidays, and haven't really made use of it. The course is quite easy. Chem/maths for the next three weeks. Should be interesting.
Haha you're welcome :)

Yeah judging by your computing subjects' ranks, I think they'll take care of themselves throughout the year since you seem to be quite able in those subjects. But if you're less confident with chem + maths, might as well get those out of the way cos they're pretty heavy. You've still got ~3 weeks, so no sweat (not for much longer though). I'm in no position to advise you though, I haven't got much done these holidays either

mac1996

HSC
ways to motivate yourself
1. Speak to people who sat their hsc and did well.
2. Set up a list of tips that well help you get on track.
3. Listen to songs.
4. Admire people who succeeded in their hsc.
5. Try to compete with classmates.

Rawf

HSC
I think at this same time last year everyone wasn't really motivated... it'll kick in when you're half way through 2013 lol

Aysce

HSC
I stay motivated through good and bad times by watching motivational videos on youtube about athletes who experience adversity but in the end, fulfil their dreams despite the hardships. I also visualise what it possibly feels like to achieve a life-long dream so again it helps me sustain motivation over a prolonged time.

funstudy

HSC
You will continually feel like you are losing motivation, it's common during the last two years of school. Remember to give yourself breaks, and don't overdo it.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
If you want to be a successful student, then learn to do your work even when you have no motivation: it will come.

ncoul

HSC
Ambition is the best and arguably the only form of motivation

CommunityFan

HSC
I escaped to TV shows :p well it is procrastination but sometimes after enough brain activity after watching something exciting, it does have that endorphin hormone thingy to motivate studying xD idk that's how it works for me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)