Langton's Pride + Prejudice (1 Viewer)

clarisse.d

HSC
to ccc123, the crosses that lizzy and jane wears area 20th century thing put in by langton because in the 19th century, they would have worn pendants with a loved one's engraving in it and stuff, not crosses. I think the fact that only lizzy and jane wears them puts them aside from all their family members because they are the only two 'sensible' ones in the family.

clarisse

ccc123

HSC
clarisse.d said:
to ccc123, the crosses that lizzy and jane wears area 20th century thing put in by langton because in the 19th century, they would have worn pendants with a loved one's engraving in it and stuff, not crosses. I think the fact that only lizzy and jane wears them puts them aside from all their family members because they are the only two 'sensible' ones in the family.

clarisse

Hmm ok, see where you're coming from...maybe also sybolises that they are the most moralistic?

tessery

HSC
Hey

yeah i agree that you shouldn't really be referring to anything 20th century....at least not in the real exam

but i remember my teacher saying that langton's version was much more sexualised - like with mr collins walking up and seeing lydia in her nightgown, it just wouldn;t have happened in the 19th century. and also mr darcy in his dripping wet shirt (not that i object to that scene =P) lol.

hope it helps!

shazran

HSC
she wasnt really being romantic beacause a lot of people these day want to marry for love as it is a sense of freedom and the right they are given.. it is her sense of individualism that makes her want to marry for love.. cause if you wathc the film carefully you also notice that she is quite the cynic when it comes to analysing peoplke of other or even same classes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)