Laptop Cooling (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
Hey, can anyone recommend a laptop cooling pad with a fan? I use a macbook pro 13' and it reaches into the high 90s some times when i am doing heavy application work such as editing in PS or working on lots of documents simultaneoulsy but usually stays around the 70 degree mark when doing light tasks. I have a budget of no more than $50

also do they actually drastically improve temperatures, i used a table fan and it brought it down 10 degrees.

Reactions: h_g

photastic

HSC
Hey, can anyone recommend a laptop cooling pad with a fan? I use a macbook pro 13' and it reaches into the high 90s some times when i am doing heavy application work such as editing in PS or working on lots of documents simultaneoulsy but usually stays around the 70 degree mark when doing light tasks. I have a budget of no more than $50

also do they actually drastically improve temperatures, i used a table fan and it brought it down 10 degrees.
I use the old fashioned laptop cooling pads that allow the macbook to breathe and my laptop has never gone hot when I used FCS and PS simultaneously :)

astroman

HSC
yes something like that, i prefer online as it will be cheaper. Something off maybe PcCaseGear. However i know nothing about these laptop coolers and want to know whether they work efficiently and want some advice in general.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Not really the best option but:

Do you have a massive metal plate (should be thick) lying around? If so, you could use it as a heat sink for an hour or so. Then you could combine that with a fan too.

But yeah as I said, there are better options out there, but temporarily this may work fine until you get a permanent solution.

astroman

HSC
Not really the best option but:

Do you have a massive metal plate (should be thick) lying around? If so, you could use it as a heat sink for an hour or so. Then you could combine that with a fan too.

But yeah as I said, there are better options out there, but temporarily this may work fine until you get a permanent solution.
i will have to look around, lol, i have been told to use a wire similar to those u put hot pots on.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
There's cheaper options similar to what I linked above. Not too sure if these are trustworthy tho, I'm still looking around. I might need one. Probs a good idea to extend the life of my macbook

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I got one for 7 bucks from Fairfield market in 2010, still works

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I just use this, cost me $5. It's a storage thing turned upside down so i can use it on my bed without getting heat soak. Obviously it's not as effective as having a dedicated fan but from the research i've done online the small fans don't really do much. Just make sure you have adequate airflow between the Mac and the surface to ensure it disperses heat adequate and it should be fine.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I want one that doesn't require USB connection. It just seems so stupid to me that you are using extra power from the computer to power the fan, which essentially is cyclical because that each power is making the computer work harder, thereby increasing the temperature

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I just use this, cost me $5. It's a storage thing turned upside down so i can use it on my bed without getting heat soak. Obviously it's not as effective as having a dedicated fan but from the research i've done online the small fans don't really do much. Just make sure you have adequate airflow between the Mac and the surface to ensure it disperses heat adequate and it should be fine.

Solid bitcoin mining. You have learnt well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)