• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Laptop or Book? (1 Viewer)

Is it better to use laptops or books?

• Laptop

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Books

Votes: 58 86.6%

• Total voters

roonneyge

HSC
Using both. Books for class notes etc. and laptop for research/assignments.

gwilymprice

HSC
Actually writing things down helps retain the knowledge in my opinion, when I type because it's a lot faster I take in less of it.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Actually writing things down helps retain the knowledge in my opinion, when I type because it's a lot faster I take in less of it.
^ 100% agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+

tashe

HSC
N/A
research is easier
I don't think you would be doing research. If research needs to be done in class then your teacher would take you to a computer lab. If you're thinking of doing subjects like chemistry where there's an extensive use of irregular typeface (such as arrows and subscripts), you'll be better off with writing.

Keep in mind that you would also be getting handouts in class. It'll be bothersome to keep the handouts and notes in order if you're going to organise them in different places (i.e. digital and hard copy).

Do you think that buying an exercise book for each subject topic and then using the information at the end of every week to make notes on loose leaf paper (and then filing into corresponding folders) would be a good method as well?
That's a good idea. It's more or less similar to what I did. What I did was used a book instead of loose sheets and a folder.

Last edited:

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
if only the hsc was done on laptop.
Why would you want that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+

ingeniarius

HSC
I believe that writing things down helps you with remembering things, whereas typing isn't as effective. Is that just me or?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)