• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Laptops at school (1 Viewer)

Starflower

HSC
I take my laptop to school on Tuesdays. I have a double free period each Tuesday either side of second break, so I'm basically in the library for 2 1/2 hours. The school computers are good for doing research and printing out, but I prefer to use my own computer if I'm doing any work on my assignments - at least that way I don't leave my work on the school server. Besides, we're having a school-wide wireless network implemented, and I'd actually like to be able to use my computer for that if I'm able to.

I definitely don't leave it lying around while I'm using the school library computers to print something out, though. I have a friend who has free periods at the same time as I do, and he's usually happy to keep an eye on my laptop for me. It means he gets to play around on it, so it's win-win all around.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
I would bring my laptop to school but it'd probably get stolen if I left it alone for more than 10 seconds. You're also considered 'snobby' if you have one at all and thus shunned.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
My school is too cheap/stingy to have laptops.
I want a Mac :(
What she said (but I dont want a mac they suck). And like basketcase said mine would also get stolen/destroyed and everyone would think I am a freak. Most people at my school dont even own laptops, I only have on because I paid for it with my hard earned money.

Ive been using mine to study and for homework and stuff a lot lately, because my writing is pretty much illegible and I can type much faster anyway.

csuwai

BOS Member
HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
Mac's don't suck! They're fast and have sooper dooper memory
Go Apple!
Macs may b more faster but its less common than pcs.. Even though i must admit its growing in popularity

HSC
Oh look, another Apple vs Windows arguement.
We all know who's gonna win this...
Gangles.McGee said:
Mac's don't suck! They're fast and have sooper dooper memory
Go Apple!
QFT!

Go Apple!! :D

kloudsurfer

HSC
Whoa. Ive started a 'thing', haven't I?

Im not anti-mac or anything, I just like Windows better, I find them easier and more comfortable to use.

kaizokuou

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:

Macs are harded to use but they're more efficient
They're known to be more user friendly than PCs. ie. for people that haven't had past experience with either of them. Obviously basically everyone here uses a PC, so you guys find it harder switching to a different platform.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Ooops I mean PCs. I was looking at the windows icon thingy when I was writing that lol.

cFsHirLz

HSC
i do bring my laptop sometimes. it was compulsory in yr7-10, so i'm just used to it. it can be a real distraction too, so now i refrain from using it unless i need to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)