Laptops (1 Viewer)

blackbird_14

HSC
There aren't that many at the end of the day tbh. Mainly for gaming purposes, I find it easier to do multiple things at once and for some reasons some games such as osu work out horribly for me on a mac. These days I always see windows users with Microsoft on their comps as well, and I really cbf getting one specifically for my Mac. But this is resolved by the simple matter of using Google Drive anyway.

At school, my kit was almost 100% online, so my mac was sufficient on it's own.
-Google search
-Google Drive
-dictionary.reference.com
-Pdf viewer (which, apple products do have one)
-Gmail
Mhmm Google Drive does solve a lot of problems. Thanks!

turntaker

HSC
Windows/Linux laptop any day. Apple is for the average consumer who knows nothing about computers.

Everything is overly simplified and that makes me feel stupid for using apple products.

TheStu1

HSC
dont get a mac if you actually want to do stuff with, get a acer or something along those lines much better then any mac laptop

leehuan

HSC
Windows/Linux laptop any day. Apple is for the average consumer who knows nothing about computers.

Everything is overly simplified and that makes me feel stupid for using apple products.
Really? Honestly, the Mac legit has everything I ever needed for SCHOOL purposes. Why overcomplicate.

(Like I said, I have a Windows PC for my more advanced needs.)
-------------------------
Though the Surface Pro isn't bad, don't forget that

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
macbook air is freaking life lol so light and feels like you're holding another book
weight becomes a very big factor when you have to carry it everywhere
but multi tasking can get annoying on mac

Jeff_

HSC
Surface Pro 4, but if the Surface Pro 3 is more than enough. I use the Surface Pro 3 for school and home and it's lighter than a Macbook Air even with the keyboard.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
dont get a mac if you actually want to do stuff with, get a acer or something along those lines much better then any mac laptop
Can't do shiet with mac

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
I think you guys should define 'stuff' because you don't know whether the OP intends on doing said stuff.
Not being rude :) I'm aware macs aren't good with customising and hardcore gaming and stuff, but it does depend on the person because I, for example, have never encountered 'stuff' that I wanted to do but couldn't.

blackbird_14

HSC
macbook air is freaking life lol so light and feels like you're holding another book
weight becomes a very big factor when you have to carry it everywhere
but multi tasking can get annoying on mac
How exactly is multitasking annoying on Mac? Can't you just put a window on either side of the screen?

blackbird_14

HSC
I think you guys should define 'stuff' because you don't know whether the OP intends on doing said stuff.
Not being rude :) I'm aware macs aren't good with customising and hardcore gaming and stuff, but it does depend on the person because I, for example, have never encountered 'stuff' that I wanted to do but couldn't.
Yeah it would be nice if you could define "stuff"- I'm not a gamer, though I may edit the occasional film or two

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Is it just me or am I one of the minorities who rely on the red school laptops because its sufficient?

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of getting a laptop, so I'm wondering what laptops you have, or what you recommend.
I'm looking for a laptop that's lightweight, has decent battery life, and is price/performance matched (as in its not outrageously expensive for the features it offers)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
XPS 13

blackbird_14

HSC
:,(

For me, the only con is that is it heavy (not heavier than my home laptop since its like 16" but still heavy)
Yeah I have the red laptop too and I use it at school. It's just so fricken heavy compared to when I bring my iPad, but iPads aren't the best at multitasking at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)