Laser (1 Viewer)

HSC
How many wavelengths can we see in the laser spectrum and why?

I thought it would have just one but then there's multiple wavelengths of the colours that's used, so if someone could help explain that would be appreciated.

Does a laser have just one wavelength or mulitple wavelengths?

Last edited:

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
i've legit never heard it be called the laser spectrum. white light is all visible spectrum combined. red light is one wavelength of the visible spectrum etc for different colours. not too sure what you're really asking tbh

HSC
i've legit never heard it be called the laser spectrum. white light is all visible spectrum combined. red light is one wavelength of the visible spectrum etc for different colours. not too sure what you're really asking tbh
Honestly same, no idea what the laser spectrum is either but the question uses it so I guess it's probably a thing.

liamkk112

HSC
How many wavelengths can we see in the laser spectrum and why?

I thought it would have just one but then there's multiple wavelengths of the colours that's used, so if someone could help explain that would be appreciated.

Does a laser have just one wavelength or mulitple wavelengths?
well visible light is from approximately 400nm to 700nm. the question of how many is a bit weird because there is an infinite number of wavelengths between 400nm to 700nm, i guess you could get this from lambda = hc/E ? the question is quite vague tbh

wizzkids

HSC
LASER stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.
LASER devices are monochromatic by nature because the light amplification effect only occurs at one particular photon energy and one particular photon wavelength. The photons that are emitted are coherent and monochromatic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)