Last date for dropping a subject? (1 Viewer)

Turra

HSC
What is the last date for dropping a subject before HSC to avoid a non-attempt/fail record? Does Board specify a date?

avro

HSC
As far as I knew you can drop any subject besides English up until the day before the HSC exam without any penalty? Of course you have to have enough units to drop though.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
As far as I knew you can drop any subject besides English up until the day before the HSC exam without any penalty? Of course you have to have enough units to drop though.
This is correct as far as i know

madharris

HSC
N/A
I know 1 guy at my school in 2010 dropped ancient history about 2 days before term 3 ended

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Guy at my school 2 years ago dropped 3 subjects last day of term 3 (he did extension and tafe so he could)

Ms106

Complexity
HSC
I've talked to my teacher about this, concerning MX2, apparently there is a final date but it's quite late, towards the end of term 3 I believe.

M

MichelleV

Students may withdraw from an HSC course without penalty at any time before the HSC examination. Prior to the due date for submission of school assessments to the Board of Studies this is done by the principal via Schools Online. Later withdrawals must be notified to the Manager, Records, Credentialling and Reporting Branch at the Board.
from http://ace.bos.nsw.edu.au/ace-8068

Essentially, you can withdraw the day prior to the exam if you wished.

M

MichelleV

I've talked to my teacher about this, concerning MX2, apparently there is a final date but it's quite late, towards the end of term 3 I believe.

Students withdrawing from Mathematics Extension 2 but continuing in Mathematics Extension 1 must enter for (or have already completed) the Mathematics (2-unit) course. This is permitted only if the school can provide a valid assessment for the 2-unit course in cases where the 2-unit course has not been completed previously. Such changes are permitted up to the due date for submission of assessments.

again, from http://ace.bos.nsw.edu.au/ace-8068

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Technically, if you don't turn up to the HSC exam, the subjected is treated like you dropped it. If you won't make up 10 units, don't do that.

You can drop a subject at any time you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)