Last term soon.. help? (1 Viewer)

defaultPlayer

HSC
Hey guys..

i was hoping to get some tips for studying and general help if possible. Well last term of school is coming up soon until trials and eventually HSC..

Ranks aren't doing too well, middlish did pretty average this round of exams.. is it too late to be able to obtain a good assessment mark and UAI.

I'm aiming for 85 - 90 UAI, but i have a feeling i won't get there. During holidays planning on going through syllabus dot points and then making notes from those all of them again for all subjects hopefully.

I know i have the ability to obtain good marks if i could try seems like i can't :(

Anyway just wondering what people have for as a study timetable, mixture of work + play.

And how should i go about studying each subject? eg. 2 hr maths , 2 hr physics a day or something similar or should go 1 week of each subject.

My subjects are : 3 u maths, adv eng, physics, business studies, economics

Unwant3d

It's A Boy !!
HSC
my one tip is that - don't burry yourself in the study, make sure you go out and have a life aswell ! otherwise your going to go senile.

Good luck

defaultPlayer

HSC
mm yea i don't plan on burying myself but i do plan on getting most or all of it done.. at least enough so i can complete them during school and complete school work also.

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I'm out the entire holidays, so I'm screwed in terms of studying/plans/etc.
yeah i'm the same Gab. It sucks.

To the OP: A good tip is to read through the hundreds of existing threads on this topic.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
:| gawd. dnno how anyone can be out 'allholidays' and not feel guilty.

bethdocker85

HSC
Here are some tips:

If you are really serious about studying, try and aim for six hours a day.
Split this up into 1 hours slots per subject, so you don't tire and get bored, and allow yourself 10minute breaks (run around outside, snack, whatever) between each "session" to give yourself some extra energy.

It may help getting up early (as if you were just normally going to school) at around 6/7am.. which means you will have finished your whole 6 hours of studying per day by 1pm - lunchtime! So you now have the whole day AND the whole night to relax, do whatever!

Otherwise, if you work the other way around (not morning person) or have a job during the day or something, just shift your six hours down to the end of the day/night, but only if you work better at that time.

Try to stick to the 6 hours, you will be amazed how much you get done! It also means by the end of the holidays you will have 126 hours of study done... this puts you ahead of the rest! AND you've been able to enjoy heaps of time off!

This is what I do, except I shift my time so I get a sleep in but still finish around the afternoon time. Then i just go out pretty much every night. Works for me! This should definately help get your ranks up, as well as get you into a good pattern of study for the HSC.

In regards to notes, I would suggest going through the syllabus (I don't do any of your subjects so I'm not much help) to get your headings, then simply summarising your textbook. This may seem like a daunting task, but just split it up into dot point sessions. I do this for Modern History, and by the end of a couple of days I'm amazed that I have actually summaried the whole textbook!

Practice Essays and Papers, especially for Maths, is really helpful. For the essays, make sure u practice while abiding to the time limit, but make sure you dont overdo the writing! Cause I did for half yearlys and managed to get RSI in my hand right in the middle of exams! Lol..

I don't actually start trying to memorise the notes until the week before the exams, as I find just writing them and practicing/memorising essays more helpful. But whatever works for you, I'm a visual learner and you may not be.

So yeah, hope that helps. Good luck on acheiving your aims! :)

Beth x

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
bethdocker85 said:
Here are some tips:

If you are really serious about studying, try and aim for six hours a day.
Split this up into 1 hours slots per subject, so you don't tire and get bored, and allow yourself 10minute breaks (run around outside, snack, whatever) between each "session" to give yourself some extra energy.

It may help getting up early (as if you were just normally going to school) at around 6/7am.. which means you will have finished your whole 6 hours of studying per day by 1pm - lunchtime! So you now have the whole day AND the whole night to relax, do whatever!

Otherwise, if you work the other way around (not morning person) or have a job during the day or something, just shift your six hours down to the end of the day/night, but only if you work better at that time.

Try to stick to the 6 hours, you will be amazed how much you get done! It also means by the end of the holidays you will have 126 hours of study done... this puts you ahead of the rest! AND you've been able to enjoy heaps of time off!

This is what I do, except I shift my time so I get a sleep in but still finish around the afternoon time. Then i just go out pretty much every night. Works for me! This should definately help get your ranks up, as well as get you into a good pattern of study for the HSC.

In regards to notes, I would suggest going through the syllabus (I don't do any of your subjects so I'm not much help) to get your headings, then simply summarising your textbook. This may seem like a daunting task, but just split it up into dot point sessions. I do this for Modern History, and by the end of a couple of days I'm amazed that I have actually summaried the whole textbook!

Practice Essays and Papers, especially for Maths, is really helpful. For the essays, make sure u practice while abiding to the time limit, but make sure you dont overdo the writing! Cause I did for half yearlys and managed to get RSI in my hand right in the middle of exams! Lol..

I don't actually start trying to memorise the notes until the week before the exams, as I find just writing them and practicing/memorising essays more helpful. But whatever works for you, I'm a visual learner and you may not be.

So yeah, hope that helps. Good luck on acheiving your aims!

Beth x
that's pretty full on...
yet sounds reasonable.

which should i do?

my 6 days 6 subjects

OR

1 hour per subject per day??

hmm...

Sofstar

HSC
If you need a reminder here it is http://members.optusnet.com.au/sanguinivore/stuff/countdown.swf

Made a calender and put in subjects. It really depends on the person. Why dont you try 2-3 subjects a day?

soulsearcher said:
Who knows though, maybe hanging out with 140-ish science freaks will rub off on me or something ... They'll be cool people though, I t
Snag one for me please.
I'll tell you about my criteria too.[

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)