Last term soon.. help? (1 Viewer)

vizman

HSC
i'd say start revising now and build up the amount of revision to trials. damn, i should listen to my own advice :S

lilmissloz

HSC
bethdocker85 said:
Here are some tips:

If you are really serious about studying, try and aim for six hours a day.
Split this up into 1 hours slots per subject, so you don't tire and get bored, and allow yourself 10minute breaks (run around outside, snack, whatever) between each "session" to give yourself some extra energy.

It may help getting up early (as if you were just normally going to school) at around 6/7am.. which means you will have finished your whole 6 hours of studying per day by 1pm - lunchtime! So you now have the whole day AND the whole night to relax, do whatever!

Otherwise, if you work the other way around (not morning person) or have a job during the day or something, just shift your six hours down to the end of the day/night, but only if you work better at that time.

Try to stick to the 6 hours, you will be amazed how much you get done! It also means by the end of the holidays you will have 126 hours of study done... this puts you ahead of the rest! AND you've been able to enjoy heaps of time off!

This is what I do, except I shift my time so I get a sleep in but still finish around the afternoon time. Then i just go out pretty much every night. Works for me! This should definately help get your ranks up, as well as get you into a good pattern of study for the HSC.

In regards to notes, I would suggest going through the syllabus (I don't do any of your subjects so I'm not much help) to get your headings, then simply summarising your textbook. This may seem like a daunting task, but just split it up into dot point sessions. I do this for Modern History, and by the end of a couple of days I'm amazed that I have actually summaried the whole textbook!

Practice Essays and Papers, especially for Maths, is really helpful. For the essays, make sure u practice while abiding to the time limit, but make sure you dont overdo the writing! Cause I did for half yearlys and managed to get RSI in my hand right in the middle of exams! Lol..

I don't actually start trying to memorise the notes until the week before the exams, as I find just writing them and practicing/memorising essays more helpful. But whatever works for you, I'm a visual learner and you may not be.

So yeah, hope that helps. Good luck on acheiving your aims! :)

Beth x
That's a great idea but I don't think I'd be able to stick to it =[
Is there a less full on way of doing something like that?

defaultPlayer

HSC
mm. i reckon i'll do fine in the HSC but my assessment rank / mark will drag me down, but i always hear the HSC marking is all fair and so on.

Hmm, what would happen if your assessment rank is like 20/50 and assessment mark was like 75 and you get like 95 in external test ie HSC.

Would your assessment rank be aligned higher and your overall hsc mark pushed up? i'm sorry i don't really understand.. or maybe i'm just stressed about doing well.

s2caz

just smile.
HSC
I only study when I have exams coming up..
Yes I know, I have trials in about a month but in my head,
that's still plenty of time..
Stupid huh?? >.<;; Can't help it~~
However, there was a time when I went through a phase..
3 subjects per day..
1~2hours each~~ Im also a night person..
So I studied from about 6pm~1am..
I dont know.. It depends on your mood I think..
Just.. dont overdo it..
If you think you've done enough study,
take a break and have some fun.. Reward yourself =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)