• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Last years scores needed to transfer into law at Monash and Deakin? (1 Viewer)

schoolies_08

HSC
Hey guys,
i'm a deakin student doing arts and want to transfer into either deakin or monash law/arts next year depending on what offers i get. i was wondering if anyone knew what score was needed to transfer into either of these courses last year? I keep hearing mixed things (from as low as 72 averages up to 80). Does anyone have a better idea of what was required. I also heard a rumor that this year monash was not going to give any more preference to internal applicants over externals. Anyone else heard this?

Thanks heaps,

Daniel

angryjam

HSC
hey
i am wondering the exact same thing! eeek. i lost concentration in my second semester and got a couple of credits which brought my average down a bit :(
if u heard anything let me know
but i went to the faculty in person a couple of times and talked to a redheaded woman there. i told her i got 2 high distinctions and 2 distinctions and she said im pretty much in. but now that i have 2 credits im not sure :(
sad. its like yr 12 all over again
good luck :)

rx34

HSC
Hey there, you think they give a higher preference to folks who have done a year of law first before transferring to Monash? Or does it not matter at all? I have done the first year of a non-law degree.

Angryjam, what grades did you get over the year (if you don't mind sharing). Besides the 2 credits, what else did you get. I thought they counted WAM instead of GPA. My grades were great in Sem 1 but wayy worse in Sem 2. For me personally:

Sem 1
2 D and 2 HD

Sem 2
1 HD, 2 D, 1 C

angryjam

HSC
ahhh i just stalked u!... sorry :( and read u got an enter in the 90s!?
thats way insane, and u call that atrocious? hahahahaahahaa
besides the credits i got 2 high distinctions and 4 distinctions
and one credit an almost distinction and one distinction an almost high
:(
i really want to get in haha, silly me 4 not doing my readings and dwelling on a broken heart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)