LAT Results Discussion Thread 2019 (1 Viewer)

Mattcowan02

HSC
Law Admission Test (LAT) results for UNSW came out today! How did everyone go? Feel free to discuss below because I'm interested what people think of their results and if they think they were marked correctly or not!

I got 88/100, 83rd percentile!

Also for those that are wondering, your LAT mark is the only thing they take into account. Your percentile is just so you know where you are compared to others!

If this is in the wrong place please feel free to move mods!

Adamconnor12

HSC
Law Admission Test (LAT) results for UNSW came out today! How did everyone go? Feel free to discuss below because I'm interested what people think of their results and if they think they were marked correctly or not!

I got 88/100, 83rd percentile!

Also for those that are wondering, your LAT mark is the only thing they take into account. Your percentile is just so you know where you are compared to others!

If this is in the wrong place please feel free to move mods!
I got 87/100 and 81st percentile - I am pretty happy as I felt major imposter syndrome in the exam hall.

beetree1

HSC
What would be considered a 'good mark' for UNSW to accept me if i had like, say, a 96 atar?

Adamconnor12

HSC
What would be considered a 'good mark' for UNSW to accept me if i had like, say, a 96 atar?
I know its on a sliding scale so the better the Atar the less high LAT you need and vice versa; I believe in previous years a mark of 70 in the LAT corresponded to a 98 Atar.

Time&moretime

HSC
I'm merely curious. Do students prepare for the LAT like the students who prepare for the UCAT? Are there commercial resources that one can purchase? By the way, what subject combination do you take at school ?

Mattcowan02

HSC
I'm merely curious. Do students prepare for the LAT like the students who prepare for the UCAT? Are there commercial resources that one can purchase? By the way, what subject combination do you take at school ?
The LAT has only been around for 2 or 3 years so the amount to resources available are very limited.

I don't think there is really any way one can study for it per say because it isn't like a test with multiple choice and everything but rather constructing arguments and analysing them.

Over the next few years though, I'D assume that LAT tutors would become a thing even though UNSW seem to say you cant study or tutor for it and do well.

Also my subjects at school are:
Advanced English
Legal Studies
Business Studies
Biology
Society and Culture

Time&moretime

HSC
The LAT has only been around for 2 or 3 years so the amount to resources available are very limited.

I don't think there is really any way one can study for it per say because it isn't like a test with multiple choice and everything but rather constructing arguments and analysing them.

Over the next few years though, I'D assume that LAT tutors would become a thing even though UNSW seem to say you cant study or tutor for it and do well.

Also my subjects at school are:
Advanced English
Legal Studies
Business Studies
Biology
Society and Culture
Thank you for your comments and insights. I can add this to my current knowledge of the LAT test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)