Late Round Offers (1 Viewer)

arimerialc

HSC
Hi everyone,
Just a question about Late Round Offers - My first preference for the Main Round is Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) at USyd, however as the 2012 cut-off was 98.5 and my ATAR is 96.5, I realise I won't be made an offer. I was just wondering what the chances are of extra places in the course being available in the Late Round and whether there is any possibility of my ATAR being high enough to receive an offer then.

Last edited:

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/atar/2012-late-cutoffs.pdf - Yikes, according to UAC's publication for last year's late round it rose up to 99.95 ~ I'd rather study law with that cut-off. Urrh, but that is not to say that it will be the same this year. Hopefully you do make it in. Good Luck and All the Best. :)

EDIT: BTW did you get any bonus points or have EAS? With 96.5 and any bonuses you should be able to get in.

Last edited:

ashi9025

HSC
N/A
Best way to check is through SMH/Daily Telegraph under the offer section tomorrow. It actually tells you a list of degrees with available spots for the late round. But to be honest Media & Communications has seen an upward trend in demand in recent years hence I really don't think there will be any vacancies for the late offer. Although with your Atar you have a good chance in transferring into the degree at Usyd once you've completed your first year of study, on proviso that you achieve a GPA of at least 6, i.e. A combination of Distinctions and HDs.

Good Luck!

arimerialc

HSC
Haha okay, yep chances aren't looking great then...
Thanks for your help passionxmusic :)
No, I don't have EAS and Sydney don't offer bonus points for this course (or maybe at all?) unfortunately. I don't really mind as I have early entry for CSU and should also get in to the equivalent course at UTS (both of which are better for public relations which is what I want to do), its just that the Sydney's campus and the more flexible nature of the course are really appealing to me... Ah well.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
A friend reassured me that UTS is popular for Media/Communication/Journalism. The cut-off there is only 91.80 last year. I also have a friend studying the B Arts (Media and Communications) here at USyd who says the course is pretty much the same except for USyd's prestige factor.

arimerialc

HSC
Thanks very much ashi9025, I guess transferring is always an option :)

arimerialc

HSC
A friend reassured me that UTS is popular for Media/Communication/Journalism. The cut-off there is only 91.80 last year. I also have a friend studying the B Arts (Media and Communications) here at USyd who says the course is pretty much the same except for USyd's prestige factor.

Oh okay thanks, yeah UTS is supposedly really good for Communications; I guess I'm just a sucker for the architecture and prestige of Sydney haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)