• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Latham or Howard? (1 Viewer)

Who would u vote if u had to choose b/w the following:

• Latham

Votes: 344 65.4%
  • Howard

Votes: 182 34.6%

• Total voters

Rorix

HSC
yeah, sorta like that

except we're not actually arguing about anything so I can't really reply

try it next time

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Asquithian said:
im sure rorix will do his best to make point how he is the ruler of the universe and how meager you are...he will probably do this by employing the classy argument tactic of name calling... he will then talk down at you like you are some kind of poor child who just doesnt understand the world...in particular if you continue to disagree with him after he has replied to your message expect even more harsh name calling...i believe this comes from his utter dissapointment that he is not the ruler of the universe and that he doesnt know all and that amazingly people think differently to him (the very thought of it is shocking isnt it!?)...

anyways where are you rorix...please rip this poor unfortunate soul to bits! :rolleyes:
oh sounds so much like another person who used to lurk here.
so what has been happening, I haven't been here much due to lack of people to have bitch fights with. alright come on there has to be someone who wants to bitch fight me. I'm getting kind of bored....:p

Edit: I do get Asq's point though, ppl who do well in legal mod hist eco etc. come into this forum thinking they're experts on the economy, politics etc...it's quite amusing, and when I mentioned to one of them that they may know slightly less than people who have a university degree in that field they went off their heads at me.
I went through that stage...believe me when you get into the real world you'll just go MEH how fucking dumb and insignificant was I. of course, I'm only in yr 11, so feel free to disregard my opinion.

Last edited:

steve_ell

only one thing to say ... "i told u so " thats what i will say when laythem gets in and fukes australia up.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
If latham gets in I just hope that a few of his ideas don't get passed through the senate ie.. getting rid of awa's, power to the unions.
However i think australia is a great country.. either leader and i'll be open to any positive changes which he brings.

Scanorama

HSC
Economy is important but it isn't everything. Eduation, medical are some of the important factors as well. Howard so far does not give a shit about those except for interest rate, private school kids etc. Public schools deserve more.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Industrial Relations i'd say howard's stronger on..
I think it's a little unfair to say howard only cares for private school kids (private schools get less public funding than ANY public schools).

Generator

HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
Edit: I do get Asq's point though, ppl who do well in legal mod hist eco etc. come into this forum thinking they're experts on the economy, politics etc...it's quite amusing, and when I mentioned to one of them that they may know slightly less than people who have a university degree in that field they went off their heads at me.
I went through that stage...believe me when you get into the real world you'll just go MEH how fucking dumb and insignificant was I. of course, I'm only in yr 11, so feel free to disregard my opinion.
Just remember that everyone's opinion is 'valid', and though you may know of more after taking a university degree in politics it doesn't necessarily mean that you know more than another person... Everything is open to interpretation, too.

This may seem like an attack on Asquithian with the explicit mention of a politics degree/major, but it's not. A degree isn't everything (I should leave uni with an Honours degree in Science, but I will still know shit all).

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Of course a degree isn't everything, Asqui's points aren't necessarily right.. i disagree with alot of them. But i believe due to him taking that degree has helped him to create better formed opinions that he can justify by citing historical facts, etc... Generally having a background knowledge in politics helps you to justify your political stance.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Generator said:
you only need critical thought to be taken seriously (or something along those lines, for some reason the post was deleted :()
Why is Bob Brown taken seriously then. :cool:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I don't know.. latham definately takes him seriously tho..

QUICK ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY! I need Bob Brown! Who cares about my own environment minister?

Generator

HSC
N/A
I was merely repeating myself (except for the part that you quoted).

So one must be critical in a neoliberal sense to be taken seriously, I assume?

It's all open to interpretation.

Edit: There is more to Labor's environmental policy than its stance on Tasmania's old growth forests... Besides, it made sense For Mark Latham to discuss the issue with Bob Brown seeing as though he has been fighting for the forests' protection for some time .

Last edited:

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Unions are the best.

An example of unions being the best-

It is now compulsory for all new DOCS workers to have some sort of Social Science degree. As many of the current workers are without such a degree, they feared for their jobs and realised they would also need a degree.

However, we all know what univeristy fees are like these days

<howard howard howard> and the workload placed on DOCS workers is very demanding. The union that covers DOCS workers, the PSA (Public Services Association) realised the hardship of its members and lobbied the government to pay for the compulsory degrees to remove at least some of the strain placed on current DOCS workers.

Of course, all the scum on AWAs also benefit from the Union's struggle without being members of the Union. Damn individualists.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Generator said:
I was merely repeating myself (except for the part that you quoted).

So one must be critical in a neoliberal sense to be taken seriously, I assume?

It's all open to interpretation.

Edit: There is more to Labor's environmental policy than its stance on Tasmania's old growth forests... Besides, it made sense For Mark Latham to discuss the issue with Bob Brown seeing as though he has been fighting for the forests' protection for some time .
Nah I was just making a bad joke :p

Generator

HSC
N/A
Yet another joke that I have missed (even after recognising the cool smilie, too).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)