Latin Extension Thoughts (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
Oh wow!

Well, I'll start off. Seen was straight forward, but my translation of the last line of the Catullus poem annoyed me.

Comment was straight-forward, had to BS a bit about the paradox in that Ovid poem.

10 marker was an unusual Q - had to talk about power in completely different contexts for each author. but it was decent, talking about power was most difficult for the Ovid imo

and wow gg unseen. those are the hardest unseens I've ever seen. I swear they are harder than any of the unseens in any school's trial paper this year. everyone in my cohort found it insanely hard. won't be surprised if I get like 50%

since the rest of the paper was quite easy, unseen will be what spreads everyone out. :/

anyone else here does Latin 3U? If so, any thoughts??

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Hey mreditor, sorry for derailing but do you do Latin Extension in school or is it open high school? :)

mreditor16

HSC
hmm thanks enigma. don't think there is anyone here doing latin lol :) because the two other Latiners from that thread you linked me are on and off users :)

thanks anyway :)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
hmm thanks enigma. don't think there is anyone here doing latin lol :) because the two other Latiners from that thread you linked me are on and off users :)

thanks anyway :)
Oh yeah true that lol, no worries! :)

mreditor16

HSC
gg looked up the translation for the unseens. got everything wrong.

will be lucky to scrape 50% for the unseens :/

harrypotterfan

HSC

Aww how many marks was it worth?

But didn't you say they were like insanely hard? So you'll be aligned up a bit hopefully?
Dw about it, think about the next exam (yay more Latin!)

mreditor16

HSC
Aww how many marks was it worth?

But didn't you say they were like insanely hard? So you'll be aligned up a bit hopefully?
Dw about it, think about the next exam (yay more Latin!)
20 marks. and the paper is out of 50 :/

yep hoping aligning will assist :)

yep moving on. time to do some maths

btw best of luck for pdhpe tomorrow :)

HSC
nope I'm being legit. it was that hard :/

last year, 42 aligned to 46, so here's hoping....
Dw I'm sure you did well in the rest of the paper :D

I can now finally study for subjects i enjoy hahahaaha

-----------------

End of derail also

meggles_

HSC
I completely agree!
So glad that I'm not the only one who had to bs that paradox question and also thought that the unseens were difficult

I was surprised at the topic of the 10 marker, but it was ok to write about because there was quite alot of substance there

meggles_

HSC

LOL feelz
Someone looked it up after the exam on their phones and GG

Don't stress too much - everyone's on the same boat!

mreditor16

HSC
I completely agree!
So glad that I'm not the only one who had to bs that paradox question and also thought that the unseens were difficult

I was surprised at the topic of the 10 marker, but it was ok to write about because there was quite alot of substance there
meggles meggles meggles, hi :)

thanks for responding. I really wanted to hear a perspective on the paper from someone besides people at my school. it's good to know my cohort wasn't alone in feeling that about the exam.

out of curiousity, how did the top-ranked person (or people) at your school find the unseens? how much did they accurately translate?

also have you heard anything from the other schools about how it went for them?

meggles_

HSC
meggles meggles meggles, hi :)

thanks for responding. I really wanted to hear a perspective on the paper from someone besides people at my school. it's good to know my cohort wasn't alone in feeling that about the exam.

out of curiousity, how did the top-ranked person (or people) at your school find the unseens? how much did they accurately translate?

also have you heard anything from the other schools about how it went for them?
Hi!

No worries :)
Pretty sure our top-ranked person thought the unseens were okish (but keep in mind she is really really good), but she did explicitly say that she found the shorter one difficult - the rest of us though said both were difficult
She is usually 100% accurate with unseen translations, unless she doesn't know vocab
How about you guys? Are you topping your school? :O

Ummm I talked very briefly with someone else and he said it that the paper wasn't too out of the ordinary? Not sure about the unseens though - will get back to you

mreditor16

HSC
Hi!

No worries :)
Pretty sure our top-ranked person thought the unseens were okish (but keep in mind she is really really good), but she did explicitly say that she found the shorter one difficult - the rest of us though said both were difficult
She is usually 100% accurate with unseen translations, unless she doesn't know vocab
How about you guys? Are you topping your school? :O

Ummm I talked very briefly with someone else and he said it that the paper wasn't too out of the ordinary? Not sure about the unseens though - will get back to you
thanks meggles for the reply :) okay so it was an across-the-board issue, so what will separate everyone is how bad we did in the unseens section, because the range of marks for the previous sections will be small, because the seen and comment was reasonably straightforward...

nope defs not topping the school, but I am doing alright - good enough lol :)

okay looking forward to any other replies you have, because I know no-one else who does latin from the 2014ers outside of my school :) and I really want to find out how all the students found the exam as a whole and the unseens in particular...

thanks! :D

meggles_

HSC
thanks meggles for the reply :) okay so it was an across-the-board issue, so what will separate everyone is how bad we did in the unseens section, because the range of marks for the previous sections will be small, because the seen and comment was reasonably straightforward...

nope defs not topping the school, but I am doing alright - good enough lol :)

okay looking forward to any other replies you have, because I know no-one else who does latin from the 2014ers outside of my school :) and I really want to find out how all the students found the exam as a whole and the unseens in particular...

thanks! :D
Yep definitely

How did your top-ranked person find the unseens?

The person I was talking to before said that they found the unseen difficult and he's really good so I'm certain that the unseens were just of hard level
I haven't talked to anyone else because I don't know anyone who does Latin outside my school except for like 2 people haha

mreditor16

HSC
Yep definitely

How did your top-ranked person find the unseens?

The person I was talking to before said that they found the unseen difficult and he's really good so I'm certain that the unseens were just of hard level
I haven't talked to anyone else because I don't know anyone who does Latin outside my school except for like 2 people haha
Our top-ranked student found the first unseen medium difficulty and the second unseen high difficulty.

okay thanks meggs :) no worries :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)