Law at Macquarie - Timetable & credit points (1 Viewer)

Andrew_MM

HSC
Hey

The minimum number of credit points for Law/ International studies is 116. Would it be safe just to keep to that? I know it might be dangerous if I failed a subject.

For International studies I only require 33 to get the degree- and the core subject units total something like 44. So I dont have to choose any more electives for that subject?

We've been told to make a draft of our timetables, but from what i understand, I can only choose law electives at 400 and 500 level.

This has got me confused- and the timetable maker is also confusing.

Can anyone help? (student enquiries isnt open atm)

withaface

HSC
Re: Law/ International Studies Macquarie timetable and credit points confusion!

What exactly is your question?

Okay, you have 116 cp minimum-That means; all the subjects you are required to do; sum up to this. If you fail, you either; summer school or repeat and take a bit longer to graduate or repeat and overload graduate at the set time.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A

Andrew_MM said:
Hey

The minimum number of credit points for Law/ International studies is 116. Would it be safe just to keep to that? I know it might be dangerous if I failed a subject.

For International studies I only require 33 to get the degree- and the core subject units total something like 44. So I dont have to choose any more electives for that subject?

We've been told to make a draft of our timetables, but from what i understand, I can only choose law electives at 400 and 500 level.

This has got me confused- and the timetable maker is also confusing.

Can anyone help? (student enquiries isnt open atm)
Hi Andrew_MM,

You don't have to enroll in all your subjects now. You enroll on a semester by semester basis (or possibly one year at a time, I'm not sure about MQ).

If you fail a subject, you do it again.

If you have any more inquiries related to MQ enrollment, please post them here.

Andrew_MM

HSC

MoonlightSonata said:
Hi Andrew_MM,

You don't have to enroll in all your subjects now. You enroll on a semester by semester basis (or possibly one year at a time, I'm not sure about MQ).

If you fail a subject, you do it again.

If you have any more inquiries related to MQ enrollment, please post them here.
Hey: thanks for answering my question.

It seems so stupid now: I had no idea, and the entire process just really confused me at first.

But I figured it all out last night, before my enrolment, and it seems so easy.

There was an unavoidable clash, but i spoke to a lecturer, and we're going to organise some agreement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)