Law/Creative Arts at UOW (1 Viewer)

evche

HSC
Im interested in applying for law at the end of this year, preferrably at Wollongong as there cut offs are much lower (due to the distance from Sydney :))
But I've noticed that they are offering a double in bachelor of law/ bachelor of creative arts. It seems really odd that two such unrelated subjects would be on offer together...? Seeing as creative arts is a strength of mine (and to enter this course you would need an interview, rather than a UAI) is it plausable to consider this an easier way in? Oh, and whether or not the creative arts could be dropped later on?

Any opinions on this would be great!

doink

Clone
HSC
Well they pretty much bundle law with everything nowadays and creative arts is much more related than engineering. If you really want to do law then just apply everywhere and take the best offer, I think you can drop it but im not 100% sure of the procedures at UOW.

I think that if the UAC guide/website says that UAI isn't considered then i would believe it but call the faculty office just to be on the safe side.

HSC
To get into double degree programs you would have to satisfy the requirements of the single degrees. So if you wanted to do Law/Creative Arts I'm pretty sure you still have the UAI to get into straight law (i.e. 90+) as well as doing well in the interview/have a good portfolio to get into the creative arts side of it.

evche

HSC
I thought as much :) It just confused me on the Wollongong UAI list that under all law it said 90, apart from the creative arts double, which only mentioned an interview process, but what you say does make sense.

jackmurray1989

Mr Mature
HSC
If you get the UAI for law and you have a decent portfolio of your work you should get into both. If you don't make it into creative arts, you can always just do law and apply for the creative arts double in second year because all you do is law for the first year anyway.

But if that display picture is one you took, you might want to consider giving up creative arts altogether.

evche

HSC
jackmurray1989 said:
But if that display picture is one you took, you might want to consider giving up creative arts altogether.
Definatley was considering it, but its becoming difficult choosing between my wishes and those of my families.
That was a bit harsh, but im coming first in my creative subjects, so yeah, I might just want to keep that degree thankyou.

doink

Clone
HSC
Don't listen to him, he is doing law and hence must act completely ruthless and cynical in order to fulfill the characteristics required of lawyers.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
I'm doing Law/Creative Arts at Melbourne Uni, if you want to ask me some questions about substantiative sort of things.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Re: Dropping CA Later, yes, you can do it. I started out doing BMedSc/LLB, and I dropped the medical science bit after my first year. It involves lots of forms, running around and working out exactly how you're going to structure your degree from there, but it's possible and I found the faculty most helpful.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
hfis said:
Re: Dropping CA Later, yes, you can do it. I started out doing BMedSc/LLB, and I dropped the medical science bit after my first year. It involves lots of forms, running around and working out exactly how you're going to structure your degree from there, but it's possible and I found the faculty most helpful.
i thought of doing that- were u interested in practicing medical law, like personal injury/negligence??

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
To be honest, I have no idea what I was thinking when I picked it. I assumed it would be good for bioethics or something, I think. Either way, doing med science wasn't really playing to my strengths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)