Law Faculty Welcome Day... n e pt. going? (1 Viewer)

04er

HSC
Does anyone know what a seminar is? Also, does anyone understand that first Foucault text? It's so ambiguous and contradictory! :vcross:

Last edited:

amyc

supernerd
HSC
04er said:
Does anyone know what a seminar is? Also, does anyone understand that first Foucault text? It's so ambiguous and contradictory! :vcross:
1) seminar- like a tutorial, with discussions between the students, facilitated by the lecturer.
2) yes. i luv foucault =P

amyc

supernerd
HSC
04er said:
ur kiddding me...
Soz mayn, but Foucault's 'knowledge=power' ideology, as inspired by Bentham's 'Panopticon' model, is nothing short of breathtaking. So many aspects of the Orwellian 'Big Brother' system were extrapolated from this. It is disturbing to think that one such model can develop to indoctrinate every aspect of human life. What's even more disturbing is that once it is established in our societal system, there is no way for anyone to reverse it. Genius.

04er

HSC
amyc said:
Soz mayn, but Foucault's 'knowledge=power' ideology, as inspired by Bentham's 'Panopticon' model, is nothing short of breathtaking. So many aspects of the Orwellian 'Big Brother' system were extrapolated from this. It is disturbing to think that one such model can develop to indoctrinate every aspect of human life. What's even more disturbing is that once it is established in our societal system, there is no way for anyone to reverse it. Genius.
Yes, this text is awe-inspriring, but I was referring to the one before that. The one where Margaret Davies and Carol Smart interpret Foucault in a seemingly contradictive way. I think I shall just ignore it for now.

picaresque

HSC
It comes with the course outline you get when you buy the readers. :p

OR you can find it on WebCT and you can order the readers from studentnotesonline or something like that in MyUni.

You know, I was almost enticed into crashing a maths lecture to hang with a friend of mine, until she said: 'hey, they all start at 8am.' Scary stuff. Enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)