law @jcu (1 Viewer)

terese223

HSC
ive noticed tht the uai cutoff 4 law @ jcu is around 70?
can any1 tell me y its so low?
if i chose 2 go 2 jcu would I b disadvantaged in finding employment after ive finished the course.
ive always wished i was smart enough 2 do law, but I worry tht bcause most ppl who 2 r like super smart ppl who get like UAIS in the 90's........
I throughly hav enjoyed Legal Studies, but I only do standard English.
Im from Newcastle to so it will b a big move if it does happen & I would like 2 think it was 'worth it' also is there a better campus out or Cairns and Townsville?
also, if I want 2 practise in family law is there something I should combine it with eg. law/arts? would tht mean i get both a B law and a B Arts?

much appreciated if any1 can b bothered 2 answer this, or is any1 can tell me ANYTHING about jcu, seriously id b really grateful =]

Emma_Kate

HSC
Hi terese223,

I can offer you a bit of advice about JCU but not much on law (sorry!), for information on the degree the best thing I can say is that you should contact the faculty of law and ask them.
I'm from sydney and I'm in my 3rd year of vet science at JCU, and although it was a big move, it really paid off! The best and bigger campus is Townsville, with more students and facilities. I live at college on campus and really love it, there is a wide mix of people for all around australia.

The reason the cut off is so low is that the cut off uai is a reflection of the demand for the course. So basically it everyone wanted to do it, the uai would go up, making it harder to get into. Hence why the law degrees in sydney/melbourne/brisbane have such high uai's, because there is a much larger student population who want to study law! I have quite a few friends who study law and they love it! Some have part time jobs with local law firms and really enjoy there degree.

Hope that helps!

Sammy-Blue

HSC
ive noticed tht the uai cutoff 4 law @ jcu is around 70?
can any1 tell me y its so low?
if i chose 2 go 2 jcu would I b disadvantaged in finding employment after ive finished the course.
ive always wished i was smart enough 2 do law, but I worry tht bcause most ppl who 2 r like super smart ppl who get like UAIS in the 90's........
I throughly hav enjoyed Legal Studies, but I only do standard English.
Im from Newcastle to so it will b a big move if it does happen & I would like 2 think it was 'worth it' also is there a better campus out or Cairns and Townsville?
also, if I want 2 practise in family law is there something I should combine it with eg. law/arts? would tht mean i get both a B law and a B Arts?

much appreciated if any1 can b bothered 2 answer this, or is any1 can tell me ANYTHING about jcu, seriously id b really grateful =]
Yes, you will be disadvantaged. If you aren't "super smart" like people who get 90+, you probably shouldn't be dead set on a career in the legal system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)