Law O Camp 08 (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Who is going out of the 2008 LLB new students?

I'm going to be a leader! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

sergeoz

HSC
yeh, i wanna go
new student 2008 :D

wats happening at law o camp, where is it and how much moula

snowflakelatte

HSC
i'm going i think .. if i can get time off work ...

anyone here been? is worth going to?

xxJTxx

HSC
i'm going as a first yr student lol.
it better not be a dud!!!!

xxJTxx

HSC
really? so its not worth it to go? i thought it was meant to be a good opportunity to meet people, mix etc?

xxJTxx

HSC
i don't understand..if you are stuck up, you should or SHOULDNT go on this camp?

it's my understanding that unlike the usyd law faculty, uts law students are a lot less stuck up, and not so 'elite'?

xxJTxx

HSC
lol..well i was always going..just more incentive to go now :p

antisheep

HSC
xxJTxx said:
i don't understand..if you are stuck up, you should or SHOULDNT go on this camp?

it's my understanding that unlike the usyd law faculty, uts law students are a lot less stuck up, and not so 'elite'?
Saying it's not as elite and stuckup as Sydney really isn't saying much... I used to go to UTS doing communications in 2007 and I found that unless you were a law student yourself, the law kids wanted nothing to do with you... there were about 2 law students i was friendly with.. the rest were quite obnoxious...

as for the camp there was a mix of people who enjoyed it and didn't apparently... it's a bit of a gamble from my understanding.

goan_crazy

HSC
Heres some stuff about it

Orientation Camp 2008 - FAQ
What happens at the camp?

The Law Orientation Camp has a great program of activities, informative, academic and social, designed to help you make the transition to university study. There will be a number of sessions where staff from the University and Faculty will introduce you to a range of services and resources available to help you get the most of your time whilst studying at UTS. You will also learn more about the practice, profession and study of law so that you will have a better understanding of what lies ahead for you in the next few years and what opportunities are available.

The camp also includes a range of social activities including a variety of outdoor sports and activities, a very popular trivia night, a great dance party and more. It is a fantastic opportunity for you to meet other commencing students and make new friends with the people with whom you will most likely spend the next few years of your uni life. You will also meet and get to know senior students and academic and administrative staff who will be there to help you out and guide you.
Is it necessary for me to attend?

Attendance at the camp is optional, however, all commencing UG students are strongly encouraged to attend. The orientation camp is an important part of your introduction to the University and an invaluable and incredibly enjoyable first step.
Where is the camp located?

The camp is being held in outer suburban Sydney less than 1.5 hours from the city. The accommodation is dormitory style with separate accommodation and amenities for men and women. The location is kept secret to maintain the security and integrity of the camp. If parents of those attending the camp require additional information as to the location they can contact the Orientation Camp Coordinator, Andrea Myles, on +61 2 9514 3753 once the camp has commenced.
When does the camp start & finish?

The camp commences on Wednesday 13th February 2008 at 9.00 am. You will be required to bring your bags for the camp with you and will need to assemble at 9.00 am near the Bus/Coach bay located at the corner of Ultimo Road & Darling Drive next to UTS Markets Campus. The buses will depart for the camp at 9.30 am sharp.

The camp will finish on Friday 15th February and students will arrive back at UTS at approximately 1.00 pm. Those going to the camp are required to attend all 3 days.
What cost is involved?

The camp is partially subsidised by the University & the UTS LSS, however to help cover accommodation, food and transportation expenses, the cost to those attending the camp is $95.

Centrelink, inpUTS and Indigenous students are encouraged to attend and are entitled to a significant reduction in the registration fee. Centrelink students must attach a copy of a letter from Centrelink confirming their eligibility to the registration form to take advantage of the discount. For further details please email law.ocamp@uts.edu.au

If you think that you may have difficulties finding the money for the Camp, the University has an interest free loans scheme to assist students with genuine financial problems. If you would like to find out more or request assistance you can contact the Financial Assistance Officer at Student Services on +61 2 9514 1177.
What if I have any special meal requirements?

A standard menu will be provided, however, if you have any special needs, e.g. vegetarian, coeliac etc. please indicate this on the Medical and Consent Form.
Are medical facilities provided in the event of an emergency?

The Camp Coordinator, Staff and Law Students' Society members trained in first aid will be on site. Hospital facilities are located a short distance from the camp.
What if there is an emergency and I need to be contacted at the camp?

In the event of an emergency, parents can ring the Camp Hotline, +61 2 9514 3753 anytime during the camp.

If this fails, ring +61 2 9514 3495 and leave a message with the Law Reception staff who will be able to make contact with the camp.
Do i need to register?

You must complete the Registration & Medical Consent Forms as per the registration info, and return it either at the enrolment session on 5th February after you have enrolled (NB: credit card, cheque or money orders only accepted on the day), by post with a cheque made payable to 'The University of Technology, Sydney', or by fax with credit card details to +61 2 9514 3400.

taken from http://www.law.uts.edu.au/students/orientation/ocampfaq.html

skynet89

HSC
lol im going. hope they're not going to send us to broken hill or something

goan_crazy

HSC
i know where they send u
its the same place every year
its a nice place tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)