Law Transfer??? help (1 Viewer)

nevmirza

Premium Member
HSC
hi guys....

Im currently in yr 12 now and on target to achieve a UAI of low to mid 90s. however i reallllllllllllllly want to do law... but i dont think i can achieve the 98 + or what ever it is to do law.... so what can i do??? Can i do say a busniess course or something and in 6 months transfer to law???

any help much appriciated...

X

xeuyrawp

So, basically, the options are:

- Internal transfer from MQ B__ to MQ B__/LLB,
- External transfer from MQ B__ to MQ B__/LLB,
- External transfer from X B__ to MQ B__/LLB,
- Internal transfer from X B__ to X B__/LLB,
- External transfer from X B__ to Y B__/LLB,
- Sticking it out at X uni and graduating with B__/LLB,
- DipLaw,
- Grad law.

Andrew_MM

HSC
nevmirza said:
hi guys....

Im currently in yr 12 now and on target to achieve a UAI of low to mid 90s. however i reallllllllllllllly want to do law... but i dont think i can achieve the 98 + or what ever it is to do law.... so what can i do??? Can i do say a busniess course or something and in 6 months transfer to law???

any help much appriciated...
The UAI for the combined Law degree at Macquarie dropped to around 93 this year...If you dont get that, there is always western sydney, which is around 85.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
^ This year UWS went back up to 90.

Its not the end of the world if you don't get the UAI you need. I have many friends who are now in law programs such as UWS who got UAI's in the 60's and 70's.

I transfered into Macquarie law from UWS, I started off with a UAI of 94 got a credit average and transfered in.

You can also start an Arts degree for example and trasnfer in, and I think Macquarie has reserved spots for internal transfers b ut I am not 100% sure if they still do this.

Good luck :)

~**PinG**~

HSC
Hey,

From what I know as a Macquarie student if you can get into a Bachelor of Arts Degree and obtain a grade point average (overall mark on the courses you do) than perhaps you may have a chance to transfer to law.

However, I strongly advise you to contact Macquarie University and speak to the advisors there. Or you may wish to visit the Macquarie University Website
www.student.mq.edu.au.

Hope this helps.

Best Wishes,
Vicki.

X

xeuyrawp

~**PinG**~ said:
Hey,

From what I know as a Macquarie student if you can get into a Bachelor of Arts Degree and obtain a grade point average (overall mark on the courses you do) than perhaps you may have a chance to transfer to law.

However, I strongly advise you to contact Macquarie University and speak to the advisors there. Or you may wish to visit the Macquarie University Website
www.student.mq.edu.au.

Hope this helps.

Best Wishes,
Vicki.
SES will just direct you to Maggie Liston, or someone else at the Law dep't. You want to speak with Maggie, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)