Law transfer options (1 Viewer)

ArdiG

HSC
Hi guys, good resoruce here.

I'm about to finish my Bachelor of Commerce with a Finance Major from Melbourne Uni and I'm looking at doing a Law degree.

I initally started doing Arts/Commerce but dropped the Arts after first year.

I have a 72 average with 4 more subjects to come.

I'm considering my options. Basically, I want to avoid interstate if I can. The only option I would consider is ANU as I am interested in Politics and Diplomacy and would definitely like to work internationally some day.

However, I have a job at UBS in Melbourne currently and I'm looking to keep doing this whilst I study part-time.

I guess my options are Melb, Monash, LaTrobe and Deakin.

Melbourne is pretty much out of the question due to marks and it costs something ridiculous now with the growing esteem model. Monash could be an option, as could LaTrobe and Deakin. However I'd probably like to limit myself to Monash and LaTrobe.

I suppose I could use my savings to acquire a full-fee place as I'm on quite a decent salary currently (but couldn't afford Melb - who could?) at Monash which would be an option.

What are my options and does the fact that my degree comes from Melbourne matter? i.e. would my grades be inflated or preferred over other candidates?

Would a 72 average guaranteed a full-fee? Would it be guaranteed CSP?

Cheers.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
72 will almost definitely get you in at Monash full-fee, then if you keep getting a 70+ average you have a decent shot at transferring to CSP after the first year. 72 probably won't get you straight in at CSP. It'll be easier to get into Deakin and La Trobe, and much more difficult to get in at MU. Your grades won't be affected by the fact that your first degree is from Melbourne.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)