Law transfer! (1 Viewer)

study12345

HSC
not sure if i wanna keep commerce or change my combined, it depends on the credit system
Also, I only have a WAM of 69.5 (so embarrassing :()
have completed one semester of commerce/law at UNSW
my star was 97.95.
Do I have any chance of getting into USYD law next yeaR?
Thanks

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Try and get that WAM up just to be on the safe side. You have a mid credit average so don't be disappointed (this semester may prove different). :)

USyd generally takes half the ATAR and half the GPA/WAM or only considers the ATAR depending on what was better. I say you have a resonable chance to get in. All the best.

Lina3

HSC
I heard that for internal transfers a distinction average is considered 'competitive'. However, I have a friend who does law and he said that in order to have a realistic chance of getting a transfer is by having an ATAR of 98+ and a HD average. This is for internal transfers though, maybe external ones are different. I really hope what my friend said is not true though! I wish you the best of luck :)

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
I heard that for internal transfers a distinction average is considered 'competitive'. However, I have a friend who does law and he said that in order to have a realistic chance of getting a transfer is by having an ATAR of 98+ and a HD average. This is for internal transfers though, maybe external ones are different. I really hope what my friend said is not true though! I wish you the best of luck :)
That is incorrect. Usyd doesn't distinguish between internal and external transfers (which sucks for some people because you have kids with inflated wams from uws applying). I transferred with 98.85 and a HD average, but some of my friends had lower combination (77 was lowest wam I heard with 99.4 atar)

Whats with so many unsw law students trying to get into usyd? Met one yesterday who transferred successfully from unsw law. It doesnt really make much of a difference unless you want to get into law.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)