law transfer (1 Viewer)

dancegal

HSC
im doing B Com but i want 2 do commerce/law. which of the following is better...

1. do really well in comm and transfer to law at the end of this year...my uai (2004) was 98.95 so id need a distinction average i think???

2. complete commerce and then do graduate law

3. apply for fee paying law at the end of the year and get my commerce units from this year credited.

thanx ppls

theone123

blue essence
HSC
are you in unsw?, yeah, i think you should be capable in transfering at the end of this year.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
dancegal said:
im doing B Com but i want 2 do commerce/law. which of the following is better...
well, that all depends on your meaning of better. if you want to do your law degree immediately, then 1 and 3 are the way to go. if you want to do law later (or if you want to double-major your commerce), then option 2 is better.

but, with consideration to your UAI, i think you will achieve option 1. just get a good marks (as many Ds as possible) in your commerce subjs and i think you'll be fine. also, your transfer will not be done inside the uni, but considered externally (by UAC). Read this thread for a summary of the application process :)

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Just apply for UAC.
Put option one HECS.
Option two fee.
And if you decide to do graduate just don't accept either.

dancegal

HSC
k....so can sum1 plz tell me wat a 'distinction' means...

does it mean that if i get above 75 in all my assessments my final mark for that subject will come out as above 75 and therefore a distinction??
or do they play with marks and award distinctions to a certain percentage of the course of wateva??? like so i could b getting 80 and end up with 60 or 60 and end up with 80??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)