• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

learning syllabus good idea? (1 Viewer)

LeMoNFuZzY

HSC
hey just a quick one, several ppl have told me that the best way to get a high mark in HSC physics (and that it mainly works for this subject for some reason) is to just download the syllabus thing read it and memorise everything in in, and that u dont really even need to do half the class work? this confuses me as how wuld u then understand wat ur doing?
anyway wats your oppinions?
cheers
Lemonfuzz:jedi:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
hey just a quick one, several ppl have told me that the best way to get a high mark in HSC physics (and that it mainly works for this subject for some reason) is to just download the syllabus thing read it and memorise everything in in, and that u dont really even need to do half the class work? this confuses me as how wuld u then understand wat ur doing?
anyway wats your oppinions?
cheers
Lemonfuzz:jedi:
I don't think you need to know the syllabus off by heart, but do read it and ensure you know what the syllabus requires. This ensures that you are learning everything that's required; nothing more, nothing less.

LeMoNFuZzY

HSC
oki doke.
but apparently there is a whole heap o stuff that u do in class etc, that u dont even gotta learn, which seems kinda unusual to me, ima think that these ppls just dont no wat there talking about LOL

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
oki doke.
but apparently there is a whole heap o stuff that u do in class etc, that u dont even gotta learn, which seems kinda unusual to me, ima think that these ppls just dont no wat there talking about LOL
I think you're talking about the third column, like practicals and stuff.
You need to know that shit because they can test you on it.

K

khorne

or, some teachers like to teach some concepts vaguely which will be refered back in the year 12 course. Otherwise, you can always ask your teacher which dot point the current lesson will cover.

Last edited by a moderator:

awesomestix

HSC
i don't think that you need to know what the syllabus says
but its a good idea to ensure you could answer a question about each dot point

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Effective, yet simple study for physics can involve just answering each dot point without the use of the internet or your textbooks.

Once you can recall each answer for each dot point correctly, then you are on track for doing well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)