Lecture Attendance. (1 Viewer)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Just a brief question I'd like to resolve prior to Monday.. My PHIL 1010 Course Reader indicates that we're free to attend which of the three lectures (12-1, 3-4 or 6-7) is most suitable/preferable...

In other subjects, (ENGL 1015 in my case), does this apply when lectures are repeated? Or in other words, if the lecture occurs at both 2-3 and 5:15-6:15 and 5:15 is indicated on my timetable, is it valid to attend the earlier lecture instead?

With there being no real means of measuring attendance, I'd assume the same principle applies, but would like confirmation. Thanks.

Wyvern

HSC
Well nothing can stop you from attending whatever lecture you want, even if your enrolled at a different time, unless it is full

jawed_r

Be careful though - sometimes lectures at different times cover material at slightly different paces, so try to consistently go to a lecture at the same time or else you may get a little out of sync.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by jawed_r
Be careful though - sometimes lectures at different times cover material at slightly different paces, so try to consistently go to a lecture at the same time or else you may get a little out of sync.
Yeah, that was the plan, (Unless they end up being full) as theres quite a difference between going home at 5pm and going home at 7pm, particularly when living near Campbelltown.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I would ask at the school's office.

It may be as simple as a repeat or it could well be a different lecturer or even another stream.

ashwin

Creator
HSC
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Just a brief question I'd like to resolve prior to Monday.. My PHIL 1010 Course Reader indicates that we're free to attend which of the three lectures (12-1, 3-4 or 6-7) is most suitable/preferable...

In other subjects, (ENGL 1015 in my case), does this apply when lectures are repeated? Or in other words, if the lecture occurs at both 2-3 and 5:15-6:15 and 5:15 is indicated on my timetable, is it valid to attend the earlier lecture instead?

With there being no real means of measuring attendance, I'd assume the same principle applies, but would like confirmation. Thanks.

hey where did u get ur course reader?

memo

Re: Re: Lecture Attendance.

Originally posted by ashwin
Should be in the University copy centre next to the co-op

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Re: Re: Re: Lecture Attendance.

Originally posted by memo
Should be in the University copy centre next to the co-op
Sure was.

And these lectures are literally listed as 'Repeats'..

From the PHIL 1010 Course Reader;
The lectures are repeated twice each Tuesday and Thursday. You may choose which lecture, on each day, to attend.

The ENGL 1015 is listed in a similar fashion.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
if they're repeats then there should be no problem turing up to the lecture time thats best for you.. but as someone has already said, they might be up to different parts of the course, the 2pm one might be a lecture behind the 5pm one!!

if its a stream, then attend your stream because all streams are different, though cover same content...

as for the copy shop, i say to avoid the long queues, put money in your unikey/extro account (done from margaret telfer building, next to holmes), and order your course readers online and pick them up from the express section!! no waiting required!! :p

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jlh

as for the copy shop, i say to avoid the long queues, put money in your unikey/extro account (done from margaret telfer building, next to holmes), and order your course readers online and pick them up from the express section!! no waiting required!! :p
How much should we put in?? like since u are from E+B faculty...how much do u recommend i shud put in when i'm doing B.commerce??

What's a "course reader"???

ashwin

Creator
HSC
Originally posted by perfectionist
What's a "course reader"???
apparently its a booklet that has notes and course guidelines

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
apparently its a booklet that has notes and course guidelines
Sure is..Usually containing tutorial readings, lecture topics and so-on. However, only some subjects have these, and you can check at 'Notes Online' which subjects require them.

I managed to get my two readers without lengthy queues through the subtle art of anticipation.. No-one else was there when I got the HSTY 1025 one (Presumably because it wasn't part of O-Week, just rocked up) and maybe three people ahead of me on Friday. The queues apparently get worse from now on though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)