Lecture in Sydney convention centre (1 Viewer)

k8eeboi

HSC
Did anyone go to the Extension 2 English thing at Darling harbour on Monday 31st October? If you did, could you please let me know what you thought of it ~ our class has got to do a survey on it. Thanks Heaps

AntonTheswan

Emisary Of The Gorgonites
From the forest itself comes the handle for the ax
HSC
I thought the second speaker had some really relevant stuff to say. The first guy told us stuff we already knew but he had an awesome accent.

The best thing about it was that after hearing the other people's questions, I'm confident I can't come last in the State!

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
I attended the Engy extension 2 and english advanced. The extension two seminar was quite short, and much of it was re-hash from what my extension two teacher told us - but it was enjoyable.

And yes, after hearing some of those questions... remember that girl anton?

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
The one who had the sentence problems, i can see her story now.

'Paul walked towards her, well, not like, 'walk walk', it was more like a strut kind of; ambling thing that you see on the OC, or that - anyways yeah so he walks towards her, and yeah, GOD i just KNEW what i was going to write here im so sure he says something i mean, yeah like do you get what i mean mrs eext2 examiner person?'

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
ahaha LOL
is that what the girl said? the one who was asking about whether she could do a german text or whatever haha :rolleyes: at least she was entertaining lol

the adv. lecture was definetly not worth 30dollars, the 2nd speaker was awesome though, the first was sorta irrelevant.. she didnt really link anything back to journeys.. the last was okay i guess, he was funny though

haha i was sitting behind this girl who was taking the most lame notes, like.. remember how the speaker goes "if you're going to do performance poetry, remember there are people who are listening" and she quickly whipped out her pen and jot down "REMEMBER: there are PEOPLE listening"
and when he was talking about the different stages people go through when they start writing a story.. you know you start off okay, then you get all these ideas and you might hit a plateau, etc and he's making all those hand gestures *moving hands up, down, up, down..* and the girl starts drawing a diagram "stages of writing" /\____/|___ ahahaha

:)

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Note-taking didnt seem that valuable in my opinion, though a fair bit of what they said was relevant, a lot of it seemed to end up with 'refer to the syllabus' or more generalisations of stuff we already knew.

But cruising around Darling Harbour was fun as ^^

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
haha yeah true what was the go with the first speaker but? showing us clips of her favourite movies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)