Lecture notes and transripts (1 Viewer)

shimmy&shine

HSC
Hey everyone,

I had my first day today, and the lecturer said to not bother writing everything she says down becaus eit will be avilable on the net. The powerpoint, notes, transcipts, etc.

so where can i get these?

thanks!

ps, I'm doing communications, and looking for the communication and info env notes.

roadcone

HSC
not wanting to sound repetitive or anything...

but UTSonline is where it is at (especially if you do business)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Just make sure you don't automatically assume this with all of your subjects as there are a heap that don't do that. CIE and PCA will put their junk online though.

shimmy&shine

HSC
thanks for your replies!

so i can't rely on the fact that there will be notes?
i guess this means that i have to take down my own notes. (i think my notes always suck and I'm afraid that I'll miss something vital)

double checking - do these notes come as 'notes' or are they transcripts?
and am i right that some unis actually record lectures?

thanks! :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
shimmy&shine said:
thanks for your replies!

so i can't rely on the fact that there will be notes?
i guess this means that i have to take down my own notes. (i think my notes always suck and I'm afraid that I'll miss something vital)

double checking - do these notes come as 'notes' or are they transcripts?
and am i right that some unis actually record lectures?

thanks! :)
Yes, at some point during uni you will have to take your own notes and its probably a good idea to just write out the basic concepts from the lecture even if there are notes up online later as you will be chatting about them in the tutorials. Just don't worry about word for word note taking.

On your second point, it depends on the lecturer, John Carr in MIS for instance just posted brief notes after the lecture whereas Paul Gillen in C&M posted full transcripts and slides before the lectures even started.

And yes, some unis do record lectures but unless you have some kind of hearing difficulty then I don't know if you'll be able to obtain those recordings.

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
yeah, on top of that, some lecturer's give vital points in lectures that don't appear or "transcripts" or powerpoints as you know it.

if you're a science student, going to lectures is a rather good idea if you find looking at diagrams with massive pathways boggling.

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
I went to UTS online, clicked on the course and then on course documents and I still can't find any of the lecture notes/transcripts, even though my CIE and PCA lecturers said they'd all be up by today (and yesterday). :S

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
just wait till tonight
they should be up by then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)