lecture notes - how important are they (1 Viewer)

1harkina

HSC
ok so my lecturer in history speaks really fast and i have trouble writing it all down
how much do we actually need to take down, should we mostly listen and write down a couple of things or are they really important.
at the moment i listen in that lecture then i come home listen on i lecture and type my notes and pause if i need to.
plz help me:cold:

K.

HSC
I found that in history its fairly important to take notes. Mainly because the literature you're provided with can/does get confusing and the lecture is the only simple guide to steer you through. Plus, Its the easiest way to understand the core of subject, reading the readings just give you more evidence/facts for exams/assignments.
Also, I write notes in lectures and reference a lot of pers comm. in my assignments from them.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
History, try and take in what he's saying and write notes based on that. Not word for word.

I learnt this in AHST103, when Tom Hillard would cover just this massive slab of information and I'd be there thinking it was HSC exams all over again. The trick is to be selective with what you write down, you're going to be reading up on these things in your reader/text and discussing them in tutorials, so you gotta try and prioritise the important points, note down where the non-imperative ones are, and then maybe research them later.

But as k said, its pretty darn important in history :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)