Lecture Slides (1 Viewer)

Cujo10

HSC
Uni Grad
How do you take notes from lecture sides which are mostly already summarised?

AKONS

HSC
Hi mate!
For high school what I did was made summarised notes on a topic which would be explored on a PowerPoint from the textbook first than I’d analyse the slides and revise or add any info I haven’t included. This is the way I have done it but it’s best to find a way that suits you. If you get to keep the lecture there’s no point really copying it down then unless ur adding to existing notes. That’s just my opinion. Good luck!

TeheeCat

HSC
Yup similar to above, I only add extra information on the lecture slides since there's no point in copying down what's already in the slides.

Usually, I would download the powerpoint slides beforehand and then edit/add onto them directly during the lecture itself. The kind of information I add would be extra explanations, tips or examples said by the lecturer. I find this method pretty effective as it forces me to pay full attention to every single minute. Then whenever I find time, I collate the annotated lecture slides + textbooks + other prescribed readings into a detailed set of notes for that week (done handwritten, though some may prefer creating typed notes - do whichever works best for you).

Hope this helps. :D

Cujo10

HSC
Uni Grad
Do we still have accesses to lecture slides and other course material on Blackboard after we finish that class and start a new trimester?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Do we still have accesses to lecture slides and other course material on Blackboard after we finish that class and start a new trimester?
That would depend on what the uni/faculty/lecturer do. I even had a lecturer remove the material (and never re-add access) when our final assessment, an online quiz, started.

I'd recommend downloading them before that - why risk it?

Cujo10

HSC
Uni Grad
That would depend on what the uni/faculty/lecturer do. I even had a lecturer remove the material (and never re-add access) when our final assessment, an online quiz, started.

I'd recommend downloading them before that - why risk it?
I will definitely download them just in case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)