Legal Assessments (1 Viewer)

RedStz

True Scorpian
Just out of curiosity, what types of Assessments do your teachers set ur for Legal? Like Besides exams and half yearly.
I've got assessments based on a half yearly, and oral(which only contributed to 10%) and the rest are like LENGTHY research task, asking the hardest Questions that the HSC paper can possibly ask and heaps more (E.g. One research task will required to do ALL OF THE FOLLOWING: an issue of own choice, domestic/int laws, detail of each law and section etc, ethnic, morality committment behind it and organisations... and effectiveness and palce of law etc etc etc)....which in the end, each research task required minimum of 5000 words? (Even One student in my class end up producing 10000!!!!!!!!) Consequently, it appears to my fellow students that i am 24/7 doing Legal...ANyone in the same position as me?!?!?!?!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
The reason you have to do all that morality ethics and effectiveness is cos its the basis of the course cos its not law as such its the effect of the legal system in society. Our assessments consist of oral presentations, exams, research tasks etc. Essays and the like tend to have a 1500-2000 word limit to prepare us to be concise in the HSC exam. I find legal quite straightforward so I don't really spend that much time on it although its the most enjoyable thing to study for

RedStz

True Scorpian
i get what you mean....and no, i am very clear on the fact that all the research requirements are syllabus based, but....with the research.....you can end up producing a book of 500 pages and never finishes >.<
yeah, i enjoy legal too, straight forward as you say
Any idea what they going to ask for this year's essay part?
i mean...i hope they dont give us any surprises...after all, based on last two year's question, hope this year's one also revolved around "effectiveness, place of the law" What do you think?

guoben

Banned
lets see

1) topic test
2) Assignment
3) Assignment & Essay
4) Case study Assignment & 15 min talk
5) Essay
6) Trials

RedStz

True Scorpian
Originally posted by guoben
lets see

1) topic test
2) Assignment
3) Assignment & Essay
4) Case study Assignment & 15 min talk
5) Essay
6) Trials
Assignment and essays? how many words usually?

guoben

Banned
assignment goes up to about 2-3k words

essays are 45 min test
however much u write

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah its bound to be something to do with assessing the effectiveness of the legal system in addressing a certain issue or/ how the law has changed in response to the changing population

guoben

Banned
ok all assessment outta the way cept for trial

btw i fuked up the last one
bleh... now my ranks gonna fall bad

lizzy1004

HSC
gosh... u got only da trial left? i cant belive the half yrly was worth only 10%!! and we did so muchie study for that then anything... whilst this research task was worth 20%...!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)