Legal Measures (1 Viewer)

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
I have a question I need to answer. 'How effective are legal measures within the criminal justice system in achieving justice for individuals?' Refer to at least ONE current criminal justice issue to support your response.

What exactly are legal measures?

What current criminal justice issue could I use?

findx

HSC
legal measures are legislations enacted for an issue. In this case, how effective are the legislations (e.g. Crimes Act, Crimes Sentencing Procedures Act etc.) in achieving justice for individuals

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
legal measures are legislations enacted for an issue. In this case, how effective are the legislations (e.g. Crimes Act, Crimes Sentencing Procedures Act etc.) in achieving justice for individuals
It's not just legislation, legal measures are basically anything legal-related. You could say, for example, that "the use of Youth Justice Conferencing is highly effective in achieving justice for young offenders as they aid in the process of rehabilitation (as seen in -insert statistic/legal report here-), which results in the reintegration of the individual into society."

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
There's a section in my textbook, 'Evaluating the effectiveness of law in achieving justice for individuals'. Would thiesebe the same as legal measures?
It includes
Equality
The adversary system
Redressing inequality.
Accesibility : Cost, time and knowledge
Enforceability
Resource efficiency
Protection and recognition of individual rights.

I will talk to my teacher tomorrow but I was looking to have an idea and get started on it tonight

enoilgam

HSC
There's a section in my textbook, 'Evaluating the effectiveness of law in achieving justice for individuals'. Would thiesebe the same as legal measures?
It includes
Equality
The adversary system
Redressing inequality.
Accesibility : Cost, time and knowledge
Enforceability
Resource efficiency
Protection and recognition of individual rights.

I will talk to my teacher tomorrow but I was looking to have an idea and get started on it tonight
Those are more issues then legal measures. In this case, you need to pick a legal issue (say for instance youth sentencing) and you need to evaluate the effectiveness of legal measures in solving this issue (i.e. the legislation in place, as well as maybe how the courts approach the issue).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)