Legal studies Extended Responses (1 Viewer)

bored6

HSC
Hey guys.

Is it just me or can you seemingly get away with studying three or four specific dotpoints in depth for your respective case study and then get away with it? Like be able to apply it to almost any question?

This seems to be the case for my family / workplace essays I can adapt them to any HSC question in the past. My question is, is anyone else finding this? Is this a valid appraoch or am I fucked?

shona1990

HSC
Yeah, I had that idea too. It seemed so easy. HOWEVER they seem to be getting more and more specific. Like last year they asked about the relationship betw/ employer and employee or something along those lines, so be careful if you;re doing that!

bored6

HSC
Thanks for the reply! Yes i've noticed that too.

Also, could somebody possibly have a look over a response i've written up? Any help or any direction would be fantastic since I'm basically on my own for legal studies.

samuel slack

HSC
Okay, I've only had a skim over it bored... Here's what I've found-

1) In some parts it seems as if you've used sophisticated words, but they don't make sense... "This has CONCEDED with a more liberal definition of marriage within the general community"

2) You need an opening sentence in each paragraph, to set out what it is you're talking about... for me its just not structured right, but someone else feel free to disagree. It's just not how I would write it...

3) relate back to the question more.

Thats about all I've got.

bored6

HSC
samuel slack said:
Okay, I've only had a skim over it bored... Here's what I've found-

1) In some parts it seems as if you've used sophisticated words, but they don't make sense... "This has CONCEDED with a more liberal definition of marriage within the general community"

2) You need an opening sentence in each paragraph, to set out what it is you're talking about... for me its just not structured right, but someone else feel free to disagree. It's just not how I would write it...

3) relate back to the question more.

Thats about all I've got.
Hey thanks

Yeah I typed it up resonably quickly I knew there'd be mistakes >.<

And about the structure thats actually what I was worried about - how would you normally structure it? I was taught to go > issue #1 > issue #2 etc but I was completely confident...

bored6

HSC
Bump.

How does everybody structure their extended responses?

samuel slack

HSC
Ok this would be my plan to that question if I got it, using your arguments and points.

Intro-
The legal system is reasonably effective in responding to changing community values, particularly in terms of achieving justice for family members. This can be seen in the recognition of alternative family arrangements, the changing community perspective on domestic violence and the changing role of familial dissolution. Although alot of ground has been made in regards to each of these issues, as community values continue to change, statute and common law must continue to adapt. This will allow for family law to continue to be effective in responding to community beliefs in the future.

First Paragraph-
Over several decades-> further recognition of alternative family arrangements--> talk about legislation for--> however, the legal system has been ineffective--> issues where it's been inneffective. (if it seems too long you can break the paragraphs up like you have, but if its possible keep them together... because it flows better I think)

Second Paragraph
Domestic Violence--> attitudes have changed--> use examples--> however, talk about ineffectiveness.

Third- Same deal.

Last paragraph-
Although changes have been good, more needs to be done in the future... etc etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)