Legal Studies Preparation (1 Viewer)

mrh94

HSC
I'm okay with the option topics, but how can you study for the Core topics?

I was thinking:
Crime: Memorize syllabus + Know content/definitions+ have cases/legislations/media reports for each of the 6 sections.
Human Rights: Know the content.

Is this alright or??

wavess

HSC
Yeah it should be alright, I'm doing what you're doing! I've finished human rights, now I'm doing crime.

enoilgam

HSC
I'm okay with the option topics, but how can you study for the Core topics?

I was thinking:
Crime: Memorize syllabus + Know content/definitions+ have cases/legislations/media reports for each of the 6 sections.
Human Rights: Know the content.

Is this alright or??
Memorising the content is all well and good with crime, but you need to have an understanding of the issues associated with each point. An understanding of the issues will help you a great deal with the 15 mark question for Crime.

hazza1424

HSC
are u guys using any of the apps? because they really do help ALOT! but yea im working on my options, crime and human rights are alright.

HSC2012yo

HSC
N/A
What about for options? Should we just know legislations/cases for the options or actually know information under the syllabus dot points?

Gotei

HSC
Should one just prepare an essay for the punishment and sentencing dot point? because most years had this question revolving around this aspect??? is it advisable or too risky

wavess

HSC
Can someone please help me (I still don't know how to make a thread, so ill just write it here): there was this question I came across and I don't get it:

Jane helps to plan a robbery with Jeffrey. With which of the following will Jane be charged?
A) situational crime.. Obviously not
B) principal in the first degree
C) " " " second degree
D) accessory after the fact

I thought it would be C, but the answer is B. how is it though?

enoilgam

HSC
maybe they didn't carry out the robbery. so its attempted robbery - thus charged as principal in the 1st degree.
Could be consipiracy as well, in which case principle in the first degree might make sense (I have forgotten so much from crime and uni criminal law, so I might be wrong). Overall, the question is very vague I reckon.

Keelan134

HSC
Can someone please help me (I still don't know how to make a thread, so ill just write it here): there was this question I came across and I don't get it:

Jane helps to plan a robbery with Jeffrey. With which of the following will Jane be charged?
C) " " " second degree

I remember doing this question. it doesnt say they committed.the crime,.therefore its conspiracy, thus first degree. However if the crime was committed the ideal party is an accessory before the fact.

Keelan134

HSC
Heres something for you to debate the answer to and help your studies.
Argue whether the defence of duress should/nt be applicable to murder and/or treason charges.

Also i reckon crime question may be on international crime, just my hunch :)

Keelan134

HSC
Would building a Pcyc be a social prevention technique, as a situational technique makes it harder to commit crimes, and the Pcyc is a deterrant and offers education?

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
i would say it should be a defence for murder or treason and i would say nothing else after that therefore full marks and yes sending people to PCYC's is a social prevention technique

Zenox

HSC

C) " " " second degree

Whats your reason for C ? . The key word in the question is 'with'.

wavess

HSC
Whats your reason for C ? . The key word in the question is 'with'.
Well at first my reasoning was since Jane was helping out jeff, then jeff was the one who kind of brought the idea of the robbery in the first place, and so he needed the help. But since you mentioned the word 'with' then it makes sense now, because I didn't consider it.

NBGHHS

HSC
Absolute key for Legal is knowing the themes and challenges for each topic - the essays are based around those themes and challenges.
I'm going to go through each theme and challenge and give myself a question and make an essay plan from that. I wouldn't recommend memorising any essays, but knowing intros doesn't seem too bad.

the essays separate the men from the boys in this subject. good luck

Keelan134

HSC
Themes and Challenges are just extensions to the typical dot points. Really look into the compliance/non compliance themes and challenges though, I noticed they stand out from the rest.

Bec Johnston

HSC
Also i reckon crime question may be on international crime, just my hunch :)
I really don't want it to be, International Crime is practically a human rights essay. I think (well hope) that it is on discretion and not on post setencing or International Crime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)